Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Mob Bomber
1st Gear Member

Default Lowering?

So I've already posted a thread about an exhaust system and got good feedback so I'm hoping I get more with this one. I want to lower my 2013 GT. I just don't know how much I need to go to make the gap between the wheel and fender go away. Is it going to be 1" front/1.5" rear or 1.5" all around? Plus good quality companies would be great. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

not sure about the new ones, but I'm sure the Eibach Pro-Kit would be a good solution.. that's what alot of people are running.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Eibach and FRPP are probably the most used. Amount off drop is completely preference. Search and check out the handling section for more info than you can read in a week.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:41 AM
07graygt
2nd Gear Member

I went with the frpp k Springs 1.5 all the way around, didnt change out shocks and struts. it rides ok and looks great. I got mine from american muscle. They are great to deal with, awesome prices and fast shipping.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I did Ford K's because is a 1.5 drop all around, so it still leaves the rear end a little higher in the back. I've heard that the Pro-Kit drops and levels the car out more than the Ford K's, that's why I didn't go with them.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Rolling13
2nd Gear Member

I like the raked look better too. Thats Ford Racing Ks?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I did sportlines on mine - that's like a 1.2-1.5 front 2.0 rear drop, and there is still *some* gap, but it looks nice and clean.. about as low as a coilover setup nearly : )

I paired it up with the eibach struts/shocks and did maximum motorsports caster/camber plates to tune in the front camber and have tougher front strut mounts, and a bmr on-car adjustable panhard bar to recenter the rear axle.

keep in mind, if you go this low, you pretty much need the extra bits I ordered.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:19 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
I did sportlines on mine - that's like a 1.2-1.5 front 2.0 rear drop, and there is still *some* gap, but it looks nice and clean.. about as low as a coilover setup nearly : )

I paired it up with the eibach struts/shocks and did maximum motorsports caster/camber plates to tune in the front camber and have tougher front strut mounts, and a bmr on-car adjustable panhard bar to recenter the rear axle.

keep in mind, if you go this low, you pretty much need the extra bits I ordered.
nah im lower than sportlines ha! but i do agree with the fact that the lower you go the more *extra* parts you *should* invest in.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Steeda has some great springs including the Steeda Sport Springs. Here is a video that shows you what are springs are all about and what improvements you can expect from them.

Check out our facebook page for consumer's photos of their lowered Mustangs.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

FRPP K Springs
FRPP Dampers and Shocks
FRPP Jounce kit
SVT Strut Mounts

couldn't be happier with the setup, but my advice with the 11+ cars is definitely get the upgraded strut mounts. The OEM ones are pretty small and won't give you enough stability when lowering with the K springs

Quick Reply: Lowering?