Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A thought to sell

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

To multi-quote just click the button next to the quote button on all the posts you want to quote then on the last post you want to quote click the button next to it and the quote button.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:56 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warpig12354
To multi-quote just click the button next to the quote button on all the posts you want to quote then on the last post you want to quote click the button next to it and the quote button.
Got it

Originally Posted by 99gtstang

Thanks for all the positive replies...I wish I knew how to multi-quote to keep my replies to a minimum.
All right, learn something new everyday.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

No prob, hope you keep the Stang!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

It all doesn't add up to me, seems like the money you'd lose on the stang after all the upgrades and depreciation, would never be recovered buying something that just gets 5-6 more mpg. Also, chances are you'll hate it. I know, I've tried these schemes in the past myself... whatever I end up buying usually lasts 12-18 months at best. Might make sense to dump the Tahoe, but not the stang -- IMHO.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
Hmmmm?
Something that will not crush completely upon impact. She feels safer in a bigger vehicle. People take personal experiences different than others.
Vehicles are designed to crush upon impact. Though all joshing aside... Hope you guys get something you're happy with.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:10 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
It all doesn't add up to me, seems like the money you'd lose on the stang after all the upgrades and depreciation, would never be recovered buying something that just gets 5-6 more mpg. Also, chances are you'll hate it. I know, I've tried these schemes in the past myself... whatever I end up buying usually lasts 12-18 months at best. Might make sense to dump the Tahoe, but not the stang -- IMHO.
THis thread kind of went everywhere lol.

The ultimate target for her is lower debt/payment/better gas. I just thought about dumping my car and being feasible like her, but HEY, based on MF I am stuck with it .

Originally Posted by Menace
Vehicles are designed to crush upon impact. Though all joshing aside... Hope you guys get something you're happy with.

I gotcha...I asked her again why are you so damn stuck on SUV...."I don't want to be that low to the ground and a car is not a option." Weirdo!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Hmmmm, maybe there are other areas of your life you & her can trim? Perhaps public transportation twice a month(to gauge how you feel about it?). I went through a tough period about 7 years ago after getting divorced. I lived 17 miles from work, had just bought my 1st Mustang(2005 GT) and had to really tighten the belt after we spilt apart.
1st thing is I moved closer to work(3.5 miles now), I realize you're married and this would be impossible for you guys. 2nd, I traded the 2005 on a 2006 when Ford had zero % financing on 2006 Mustangs in August of '06. 3rd, I just chopped away at all my unnecessary debt. Well, maybe refinancing your Mustang and perhaps leasing the one she is considering(that way you're not tied to the car and down the road your situation improves, i.e. promotion at work, better job offer, win the lottery-lol). I'm just shooting ideas your way, maybe food for thought. Whatever you two decide, I'm sure it'll help you guys sleep better at night. Best of luck!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

atta boy. keeping the stang is a smart move - it would indeed take a longggg while to make up any costs associated with car swapping from a few more mpg's..

re: the ladies preference to be high up in a suv .. they are weirdos. they feel safer and enjoy the extra visibility / knowing if a small car hits them, the SUV wins .. : P
Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
That 2008 Tahoe must be close to being paid off. No point in selling it now if it's about paid for, even with that gas mileage. For what you want to do, you should sell the Mustang and buy something fuel efficient but USED. You don't go out and save money by buying new cars, especially if your wife is looking at Infiniti's.
This is the only common sense reply on the entire thread...

To the op we don't have nearly enough info to give you accurate advice.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

people tend to strictly think on monthly bills rather then overall cost of their decisions. there is really a lot of math involved with figuring all of this out ..

Quick Reply: A thought to sell