Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fun Ford Weekend - Palm Beach Raceway FL

Old 08-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default Fun Ford Weekend - Palm Beach Raceway FL

Is there anyone here attending?

It's at the Palm Beach International Raceway, formally Moroso Park. The event is on 14-15 Sept. I imagine Steeda will be there as they are relatively close by, and they are also having a Steeda-specific event.

It's on a fri-sat, and I think I'm going to go to the friday event. Test and Tune, and then Ford vs the World. I'm guessing it's a bracket/elimination. There is a prize but honestly I don't think I'll be performing too well, it has been years since I've raced my car; but just going to have fun. Last Fun Ford Weekend I went to was one in Englishtown Raceway in NJ and I did come away with a little trophy. Got beat by another S197, which I ended up beating but he had a slightly better R/T.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

bump.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Used to be in Orlando but since they moved it South I don't follow that anymore.
Is it still sponsored by MM&FF magazine?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

They mentioned there being a magazine covering it. I'm not sure if it was MM&FF or one of the other Mustang magazines.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:23 PM
slyter485
1st Gear Member

Isn't that the same weekend as the Steeda Stampede? I was planning on going to that at their facility.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I just looked up the Steeda Stampede date, it is the same weekend. The 15th, so day 2 of the Fun Ford Weekend. I wonder what kind of goodies are gonna be at the Steeda Stampede though.. hmm..
Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by slyter485
Isn't that the same weekend as the Steeda Stampede? I was planning on going to that at their facility.
Then in the afternoon – it will be time to start your engines as there will be a special stampede over to the Palm Beach International Raceway – where the Steeda Stampede will join up with the Fun Ford Weekend events going on there. While at the track, members of the Steeda Stampede will once again receive special treatment while on site and be able to participate in a car show, or if you have the racers edge, you can participate in the Pony War Class where there s an arm drop race set-up similar to the television show “Pinks All Out”.
Flyer:
Old 09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I think I also saw an entry fee on the Steeda site for the Stampede event ?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:59 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Menace
I think I also saw an entry fee on the Steeda site for the Stampede event ?
Please see this thread for more information: https://mustangforums.com/forum/sout...-stampede.html
Old 09-06-2012, 05:18 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Menace
Is there anyone here attending?

It's at the Palm Beach International Raceway, formally Moroso Park. The event is on 14-15 Sept. I imagine Steeda will be there as they are relatively close by, and they are also having a Steeda-specific event.

It's on a fri-sat, and I think I'm going to go to the friday event. Test and Tune, and then Ford vs the World. I'm guessing it's a bracket/elimination. There is a prize but honestly I don't think I'll be performing too well, it has been years since I've raced my car; but just going to have fun. Last Fun Ford Weekend I went to was one in Englishtown Raceway in NJ and I did come away with a little trophy. Got beat by another S197, which I ended up beating but he had a slightly better R/T.

UPR Products is one of the Event Sponsors so Team UPR will be there. I'm bringing this if we don't destroy it on the dyno:

Name:  DSC_0381jpg.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  128.3 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fun Ford Weekend - Palm Beach Raceway FL