Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Charging System....

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 AM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

Default Check Charging System....

Hello All,

So I'm getting this Alarm again sporadically, I had this one like a year ago so after reading bunch of threads decided to change my alternator to a PA Performance and my Battery to a Optima Yellow battery, but now after 7 or 8 months I;m getting this alarm AGAINA =(.

If I already replaced the alternator and my battery what else can it be ?

When i bought the PA Performance i didnt get the cable they sell with it so i just orderer and its on its way, Im praying this will be the issue if not, I don''t think on replacing again the alternator and battery is my way...

I don''t have any extra sound or any other electrical equipment and also I always since I bought this S197 turn off the Shaker before turn off the car.

Any ideas on what else can it be will be welcome!

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Welp these 07-09's are NOTORIOUS for alternator problems.
They fixed it finally but they went through four different alternator models before finding one that works properly.

Since it's only been that long... you might want to try the cable fix and if that does not work make sure Ford put the correct updated alternator in your Mustang.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 PM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, I will do that this weekend and will check the new alternator again.

What is damaging the alternator ?
Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Man, that sucks. Keep us updated on a fix. I just went through a bunch of **** and ended up putting the same PA alternator and yellow top in as you (on my second yellow top).. I also didn't get the upgraded PA cable. Its been fine since I did that 2 months ago, but the other day it started dinging and saying "Driver Door Ajar" with the dome lights coming on........ that happened the last two times my battery/alt was on its way out.

****ing electrical in this car has a mind of its own.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I got that message once, and it was simply dirty battery cables. I got a wire brush, pulled them, cleaned them, and made sure they were snug to the battery. All fixed.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 AM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

Hey there!
I haven't done the cable "fix" yet, I'm not getting the alarm too often now, but on saturday i got the Track Warning on and get Low Brake Fluid message, I arrived at my place and checked levels, everything is ok, I read some threads and it might be that my pads are about to ned but they look good so far, I didn't remove the tire though.

I will keep posting when I change the cable i will request to check the PA Alternator.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 AM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

Hello Everyone,

So i took my car to check the battery and alternator, while doing tests Batter was charging fine, the alarm was very randomly, the tech said this should be something with the alternator so he remove it and checked the diodes which were fine, he said that the regulator must be sending a wrong signal and we need to replace it. We replaced the regulator and the cable that I mentioned before, since then I haven't seen the alarm anymore which is goog, but I don't like being payin 100 USD everytime i get the error.
=(
Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

When this first happened to my car around May, I thought it was a sensor glitch because both my battery and alternator were running fine. From time to time, the "Check charging system" and battery light would come on. When I took it first to Pep Boys, I was told both the battery and alternator were running fine. I took the car to the dealership during the Labor Day weekend and they told me it was the alternator. It does suck that we have to fork over alot of green from our wallet to see if it's either a bad cable or a bad alternator.