Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
06stangia
1st Gear Member

Default What would you do?

Ok so I want to install the steeda charge motion plate delete kit. Then the Ford Racing Hot Rod cams. So after that Would you install the BBK LT's with off road x or the Pypes LT's with the off road x. I have the Ford Racing axle backs now do you think this would be too loud? Should I do the Short Tube and keep the cats?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:09 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I would do BBK just from what I've read. I do not think it will be too loud, but it's all preference. I love my O/R X and BoomTubes.

IT WILL be very loud.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06stangia
Ok so I want to install the steeda charge motion plate delete kit. Then the Ford Racing Hot Rod cams. So after that Would you install the BBK LT's with off road x or the Pypes LT's with the off road x. I have the Ford Racing axle backs now do you think this would be too loud? Should I do the Short Tube and keep the cats?
I have the Pypes catback and the fitment is...okay. I feel like it could be better, so I imagine their LTs would be about the same. I've heard better things about the BBK LTs, so I'd go that route if I were you.

Good looking ride by the way.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 PM
06stangia
1st Gear Member

The BBK's are also ceramic coated for like $100 more. Just dont want it to be call the cops loud.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 PM
theczar
2nd Gear Member

I have the Ford Racing axle backs now do you think this would be too loud?
Mustangs can never be too loud!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Neither kooks FTW. But if I had to choose between bbk or pypes, I'd go with the pypes, there more or less the same as kooks.

Do not get shorties if your looking for performance. You will not gain anything from them. If your worried about sound just get a catted midpipe with the Lts.

For reference I have the pypebombs. My o/r x with stock manifolds was louder than my current setup with my Kooks Lts and catted x pipe. But this setup sounds so much better, and its still loud as hell.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:47 PM
06stangia
1st Gear Member

Kooks too $
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3vStang
Neither kooks FTW. But if I had to choose between bbk or pypes, I'd go with the pypes, there more or less the same as kooks.

Do not get shorties if your looking for performance. You will not gain anything from them. If your worried about sound just get a catted midpipe with the Lts.

For reference I have the pypebombs. My o/r x with stock manifolds was louder than my current setup with my Kooks Lts and catted x pipe. But this setup sounds so much better, and its still loud as hell.
I have the Pypes pypebombs as well, and they are pretty damn loud without any change to the cats or manifolds, lol. I couldn't imagine it wide open all the way back!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:20 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Kooks too $
Full sentences work as well....

But like I said in your case I would go with the pypes LTs.

Originally Posted by baddog671
I have the Pypes pypebombs as well, and they are pretty damn loud without any change to the cats or manifolds, lol. I couldn't imagine it wide open all the way back!
Man it was stupid loud with the o/r x. There was no tone, just noise. I sounded like a 600hp monster, but at the time my only other mod was an intake/tune Lol.

Sounds great with the current setup, although with the new addition of the blower, once I step on it at all it's screaming!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:35 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Man do I remember having this conversation with myself...in a word gutwrenching.
I went with the shorties on my setup, primarily for cost savings and the ability to keep the mid and cats.
With my violators, the headers basically amplified my original exhaust note...which wasn't bad to begin with.
Combined with the new cadence produced from the cam =
Of course the l/t's will yield more top end hp and if you want to spend the money, I say get them.
I wouldn't worry about how "loud" it will be with l/ts, that can be controlled with the mid and axelback.
The shorties, in their defense will improve low and mid range torque along with improve the exhaust note (pulse)...Not bad for $320 bucks, right?
If the question is longtube or shortie...my answer was simple.
DD's = shortie
Track/WW = longtube
To date I have been very happy with my set-up and would recommend it...now the guys with longtubes can flame on!

My install 6-26
BBK shorties
CMDP's
DR cam

But before you get started, you might want to educate yourself about performance gains with shorties before sounding off...

Originally Posted by 3vStang
Do not get shorties if your looking for performance. You will not gain anything from them.
explain these dyno numbers then bro...
http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techar...s/viewall.html

Last edited by mayo; 09-05-2012 at 08:47 AM.