Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over 18 times in 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

On August 1st of last year, I was driving down a very steep hill. A 40 MPH zone and all the cars including myself were doing 45, some even more. I was in the middle of the bunch and there was a cop hiding out behind a wall in a nearby alley. Out of the many cars that were there, I was the only one targeted, pulled over, and got a ticket.

The first ticket I got was for loud music (stupid, I know). It was at night time in Hollywood, a lot of traffic, typical Hollywood night scene chaos all over the place. People clubbing, others cruising playing loud music as well. So much noise at the time. That was in September of 2009, not even a month from when I had barely bought my 2010 Pony. I noticed a dark colored unmarked Ford Crown Vic seemed to be driving behind me for a few blocks. We were already leaving and all of a sudden a black and white rushes behind me out of nowhere and pulls me over. Three other black and whites soon followed. They were playing around with the sequential tail lights. Then the same unmarked Crown Vic joins the other cops and I get a ticket.

Yes, you must pay to play. It's even more of an attention getter once you begin modifying it.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

It might just be you, lol.
My car is Torch Red, she is loud, I live in a small town and it looks nice.
I've never been pulled over in the Mustang. (Ha watch next time I drive I'll be pulled over. )

I did get pulled over in my husband's black 370z... I deserved that one, though.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:12 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Depends on where you're at in GA but some places there are really bad and find any reason to pull you over, regardless of what you drive.. I have only been pulled over in my Mustang once in GA and it was my fault. And I assure you my car is much louder, ha.. For the most part cops where I live compliment my car a lot, I also drive rather normal and safe.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07grabber4.0
Nah I havnt been pulled over ever for my halos. I am 20 so yeah I'm young driving this car so I get picked on bad haha I just feel as if it's too much. They have given me 3 DUI test also and I don't even drink
My next question is what time are these stops taking place?

Us old guys don't go out cruising for chicks, so we don't get hassled as much. I'm either driving really early, like 4:30am on my way to work or 5pm on my way home. I'm almost never driving around after 5pm.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Nick V.
2nd Gear Member

the cops like my car....allot.....allot
Old 09-12-2012, 07:17 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

I scheduled my clear bra install one week before I took delivery of my car. The car literally went from the lot to the installer. The day after it was installed, I got pulled over for not having a front plate on the car. I explained, the clear bra install, that I had the plate, the screws, and a screw driver in the trunk, I also indirectly asked for professional curtesy because I'm a firefighter and.....he gave me a tag....WTF!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:34 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I drive like a maniac pretty much all the time. Car's loud too. I'm probably the guy you see and say "that guy's going to get pulled over." But I never do, even when cops are nearby. I get followed, stared at, and everything else they can do short of pulling me over. So I think it might just be you. That sucks!

Edit: I remembered an amusing story that occurred in my old beater Dodge Intrepid in college. I got pulled over for speeding (I was doing 12 over, no argument here) by an undercover Dodge Intrepid right in front of my school (all my friends driving by pointed and laughed) and suddenly I was surrounded by squad cars. I counted at least six and one motorcycle that I could see. I was in uniform at the time, and when the officer walked up he looked a bit confused and asked if I had any relatives in the area. I told him no (I really didn't). He came back a moment later and said "sorry for all the fuss, your last name has a warrant out for it, but it's not for you. Have a nice day, and nice car." Then they all took off. I was a little dazed and had fun reporting that to my commanding officer. He just laughed.

Last edited by CMcNam; 09-12-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
07grabber4.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Depends on where you're at in GA but some places there are really bad and find any reason to pull you over, regardless of what you drive.. I have only been pulled over in my Mustang once in GA and it was my fault. And I assure you my car is much louder, ha.. For the most part cops where I live compliment my car a lot, I also drive rather normal and safe.
They also compliment me where i live but i mostly get pulled over out of that jurisdiction. One cop pulled me over to compliment my car which was frustrating when you have places to be. Im not saying im inocent. Ive had a super speeder and a drag racing ticket but all the other times were BS!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Only one ticket since I got the car in early 2010, but it was a DIK Virginia cop. It was also my first real ticket. No warnings with her yet.

I've had plenty of warnings before my 06GT, and 2 tickets that I went to court and had reduced to PBJ to save my ***** with insurance.

Last edited by baddog671; 09-12-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

There's probably a bet going around seeing how many times they can pull you over.

Your super speeder and drag racing tickets probably has you under their radar.

Quick Reply: Pulled over 18 times in 2012