Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the last thing that need to be solve on my car: video

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:10 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Question the last thing that need to be solve on my car: video

this is the last issue im having and always had in the huge list of **** i had to fix on the car:

since I bought my car, Ive always heard a noise from the transmission or maybe the clutch bearing, when I had hot rod cams, it was hard to hear with the idle rumble, now that im with the stock cams, I can hear after driving a bit some weird noise from the tranny, ill try describ best what im hearing and the symptom, at first i though it was the tranny, now im not sure, I had 3 time within the month this little issue that happened:
ride around, get to a stop or to a red light, stay in first gear, press the clutch, and the car will slowly drop in rpm and die, like if I didnt press the clutch completly and made the car stall/die while im totally full feet pressure on it. Now also, 1 out 30 times, when I try to put my shifter into neutral while be gear engaged, sometime it just stay blocked into a gear, i gotta use some strenght to pop it out, depressing clutch or re-pressing it doesnt help, i woulda have to start in the same gear until I have to shift at higher rpm, this do not happen while rolling, only when getting to a light stop. so im now figuring this look like the clutch...it a 1.8k worth clutch how is that possible, i dont know what kind of clutch is it but im 100% positiv it a expensive aftermarket one in the top quality, anyway...last things I noticed is, sometime when I get parked or same story at a red light, there is a sound in the tranny like if the clutch is not totally disengaged, i have to press once or twist full clutch presssion, to remove the sound. i took a little video tonight, im at light, im pressing a bit on the gas 3-4 times so you can hear the whine getting worst in the tranny when im touching the gas, then in middle of the video im pressing clutch and slowly getting into a gear.

i did a couple time the start in 4th gear and see if the rpm is cheating, nothing
tryed at slow speed putting in 5th gear and full throttle the car would die slowly with no cheat on the rpm.
I did tryed once a burn out on a dead point in second gear and the tire just would not spin at all, could smell a little clutch smoke. but that about it
what are your opinoins? can a clutch be fixed etc etc..or could this be the tranny? or a mix of both, rofl:S
thanks guys

Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

How does the pedal pressure feel? Hydraulic fluid topped?.. I'd say throwout bearing but it's really hard to hear in that video..
Old 09-20-2012, 09:26 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

clutch is pretty smooth still, it doesnt do it all the time, the noise mainly but not the rest, car respond good to hard shifting etc..wouldnt a throw out bearing affect the car at all time? this was quick video just for the noise it do, rest cant really be heard just trying to figure out whats up, maybe there is some sound that can be normal with a heavy duty clutch but im not sure lol, there is definitly something starting to be wrong. id prefer having it break on me then have to sell it with that sound next summer

Hydraulic fluid topped...this might be a big retard question, but of which fluid are we talking about, im french and this doesnt sound any familiar to me, where can i check out this level. but im pretty sure all my visibile oil level are safe
Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Some clutches do produce a whine or chatter.. but with your other problems with sticking gears I would say there is something wrong.. Which lead me to a throwout bearing since it produces a noise as well when the clutch is engaged..

When you press the clutch pedal (disengage) does the noise go away?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

ill have to re-test it to make sure but in the video, my feet is not on the clutch when im pressing the gas, at the end you can hear me pressing the clutch with a huge whine then putting stick into first gear then i press on the gas with feet on the pedal, you hear it way less, so id say opposite to your question, when my feet is on the clutch, the noise seems to go out..
most of it:P
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If you rev up the engine at a dead stop, first gear, does the car move forward?
Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

If it move it would be cuz of a minimal incline of the street. Ill test that today too
Old 09-21-2012, 10:14 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

My slave cylinder/throw out bearing went bad several months ago. When pressing down on the clutch pedal, I noticed a dead spot at the top of the clutch (2-3 inches). Also, I was having difficulties getting the shifter into ANY gear. I had to really force the shifter and was afraid I was going to mess up the tranny. The car drove strong, once I got it in gear. Due to how hard it was to drive and not knowing if I could damage the tranny, I took it to a local shop and ended up replacing with all OEM parts. They changed out the slave clinder/throw out bearing, fly wheel, pressure plate, and etc. The total damage was a little over $1,300.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Thx for the information, either way i cant afford any more money, until next summer, winter is here in 1 month n half. Ive thrown easily 3k on it lately Ill deal with it n see if it get worst. I dont want to change the whole clutch system to realise it is the tranny:/
Old 09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
Thx for the information, either way i cant afford any more money, until next summer, winter is here in 1 month n half. Ive thrown easily 3k on it lately Ill deal with it n see if it get worst. I dont want to change the whole clutch system to realise it is the tranny:/
I totally understand and good luck!

Quick Reply: the last thing that need to be solve on my car: video