Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enkei Wheel Opinions and Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 01:29 AM
ApexPredator

Default Enkei Wheel Opinions and Recommendations

Howdy Mustang Forums,
I'm new to the Mustang Forums, I own a screaming yellow 06' GT, and I'm planning on adding some black to muscle out my baby. As of now I've ordered a matte black roof vinyl, matte black hash marks, and tint for everything but head lights and windows (police are VERY strict where I live.)

My quandary is when it comes to aftermarket wheels, with so many to choose from, it's hard to tell what's quality- especially with a budget that has to be as frugal as mine. I'm running with the premium wheels (or whatever the hell the ones in my avatar are called), so I need something that can fit the stock Pzero Nero 235/55/17. I'm assuming I'll need something around 17x7/5x112/114.3 with an offset of ~45.

Sweet and short: would
these these
Enkei's serve me well on stock wheels in terms of fitment, performance, and durability compared to OEM?

I don't want to spend more than 170 per wheel, and I don't like the bullitt style wheel. But other recommendations are very much welcome for a more quality 17" wheel. Thanks for your time Mustang Forums!

(Also, sorry for the double post in the wrong forum. Please ignore the other one)
Old 09-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

enkei wheels are pretty quality. I would have no hesitation with driving on them. they are more of an import type of brand but there is no reason you could not put them on your car.

i would do some more research on hub bore and offset, though. a 7" wide wheel is incredibly tiny for a Mustang, and a 7" with a 45 offset is probably extremely sunk into the fender wells and not very good fitment. for reference, my rear 10" wide wheels are around that offset while being three inches wider.. : P

for those size tires I would suggest an 8" wide wheel, or 8.5". for that narrow of a wheel I'd also suggest a more aggressive offset
Old 09-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

if you want to take all of the guess work out of it, americanmuscle has an assortment of wheels to choose from, and they are all proper fitment.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Yes, those are close to the exact dimensions of your stock wheels. The offset is only a few mm off and of no consequence.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:40 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

No way Jose!
I personally would never buy wheels on epray...
You know "pray" you get what is being advertised
xYour link is a classic example. The main title states a 17x8, and
just below that it states they are 17x7...kinda makes you
wonder if the seller even knows what he's got, right?
As for the Enks, they are well made but as stated their patterns
lean toward import/tuner not muscle. I would pass even if they
were 8". 7's I would not consider.
Now back to my busy Sunday morning
Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 AM
ApexPredator

Originally Posted by Entaille
if you want to take all of the guess work out of it, americanmuscle has an assortment of wheels to choose from, and they are all proper fitment.
I'm very aware of American Muscle and their awesome service, as I have purchased the MMD Retro Mirrors in the past. However- they only offer black wheels with a silver/polished rim, which is something that I am not a fan of.

How ugly would the new edge offset (24mm) actually look on my S197? Would it perform the same? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

A 24mm offset with your stock tires probably would be passable. But any wider of a tire and it may look awkward sticking out and away from the chassis.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ApexPredator
How ugly would the new edge offset (24mm) actually look on my S197? Would it perform the same? Thanks!
Just resurrected of late...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ls-please.html
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM
ApexPredator

Alright, thanks to all three of you. I changed my mind on the Enkei's because of what Mayo said about the information on the page (didn't double check the stats.)

I am now ordering
these these
American Racing wheels, in addition to going for the full black out (tint on windows and lights as well as new smoked halo headlights.)

I'll post a picture of my blacked out bad boy once I'm done blacking it out. One last question- Their hub bore is 73.2, and stock is 70.5. Can this be adjusted to allow the use of those wheels? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 PM
ApexPredator

Meant their hub bore is 72.60. Damn not being able to edit!

Quick Reply: Enkei Wheel Opinions and Recommendations