Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:30 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default CAI opinion

Hey guys, I have been really close to pulling the trigger on a CAI/tuner setup, I always wanted one for the longest..lately I have been researching the famous can the dealer see my "tune" and after everything I read there is no certain answer to if they can or can't I read some tricks but idunno..I guess my pont is if I just bought a CAI with out the tune is it worth it? Or should I just buy a drop in K&n? Any inputs? I'm just worried that god forbid something happens to my car engine wise or tranny that automatically it will be link to the CAI/tune the. I ahem to deal with that mess..I was thinking of bama if I got the setup.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Just an air filter or CAI that doesn't require a tune isn't going to do much.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

A stand-alone CAI and drop-in are useless. And considering that over 75% of the forum is running a non-OE tune and my guess is that less than 1% of those have had an issue related to a tune causing damage, I'd say your concern is simply unfounded. Enjoy your car and the power to be had. You'll be sorry if you wait for the warranty to expire.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
A stand-alone CAI and drop-in are useless. And considering that over 75% of the forum is running a non-OE tune and my guess is that less than 1% of those have had an issue related to a tune causing damage, I'd say your concern is simply unfounded. Enjoy your car and the power to be had. You'll be sorry if you wait for the warranty to expire.
Tune it and be done with it.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

You will see the best results with a CAI/Tune. Our CAI/Tune will increase your HP by upto 20HP and 30 ft/lbs of torque.

http://www.steeda.com/store/v6-musta...t-page-reviews

We throughly test our products on the street,track, and dragstrip under the most severe conditions - all with the specific intent of ensuring that the products we sell, will NOT precipitate damage to the vehicle or denial of any OEM warranty provisions. To date, we have zero issues or denials with regard to an OEM warranty when our products have been installed as directed on consumer cars - ZERO !

Please PM if you would like forum pricing or email me at tim at steeda.com if I can provide you with any additional info?

The Steeda CAI/Tune has been installed on all of our serialized cars that are being sold to Ford dealers nationwide. The Steeda name is well recognized in the inner circle of Ford Dealers.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The drop in wont do a DAMN THING for you.
TOTAL RIPOFF.
You will not gain ANYTHING. And if you do it will be 1-2 HP.
Those things are B.S. I don't care WHAT they advertise or put as proof.
In my opinion those places that advertise those gains for those should be prosecuted for false advertising.
They are so full of B.S. and rip off SO MANY people uneducated in this.

Ask ANYONE on here. Those things are COMPLETE GARBAGE.

If you are going to get CAI... get a package with a tune and handheld.
90% or more of the power you will get is from the TUNE.

Plus you will need a tuner for future mods.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Trust me i really want one, my thing is i dont want any issues god forbid somthing go wrong, there is always that chance. I know these tuner guys day in and day out work on this stuff so nothing would happen but what happens when somthing does? I just dont want my car being flagged when i bring it in for what ever, or if somthing did happen that my car under a scope then find out im SOL, i have a extended 6 year warranty cause i dont wanna deal with something going wrong or the headace. I might have answerd my question to wanting to get one, but i really do want one! i see all you guys have them with no issues, i just dont wanna be the one that has the problem lol.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

If you're that worried about your warrany and want to keep it then modding isn't for you.. There's those (like me) who really don't care about warrant.. If you want warranty, just stay factory..
Old 10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

If you went as far as to buy and extended warranty I would NOT do performance mods.

Quick Reply: CAI opinion