Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Another idea for the poster of this thread.
When did you buy the extended warranty?

Sometimes you can get a refund. Not sure how many days you have with Ford's ESP plan. Some companies will even allow you to do this no matter how much time has gone buy if you have not USED the warranty. In this case sometimes they give you a percentage of the money back based on how much time has gone by as well if you
want to cancel the warranty.

Just an idea you might try if you really want that CAI and tune.
Might give them a call just to check. Couldn't hurt anything.
Just tell them you have decided it was not the best investment for you and see what
their rules are on the issue.
I bought it when i purchased the car, there are alot of things under the hood that can go wrong besides the motor, **** anything else on the car is exspensive prolly lol, not even the part but the labor; im not mecahnicaly inclined that much so i wanted peace of mind if something happend after the 36k mark i would be good till 80K or 6 year and prolly by then ill have a 5.0? ...I'm prolly not even gonna bother with the kit.

Yes i have Ford esp, i can cancel anytime i want. I'm a college student if something goes wrong all i have to do is get it back to the dealer, even with out having the CAI buying the warranty brings peace to me. Buutttt we will se next week how i feel about this

It does cross my mind that i wonder buying the warranty is worth it in another light, being the cars are solid to a point what are the odds of something going wrong? and by the time that occurs i prolly have another car, just speaking out loud.

Last edited by SkyWitit23; 10-03-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Do it, remember, no Risk, no Fun ;0)
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Do it, remember, no Risk, no Fun ;0)
Lol , True
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

I'd forget the intake and just supercharge it.. Just my thought.. If you're going to void the warranty why not do it the right way..
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
I'd forget the intake and just supercharge it.. Just my thought.. If you're going to void the warranty why not do it the right way..
Lol, nah im good, that's a waste to me 5-6k on that, that's my opnion, id rather go buy a R1...If anything ill just leave it be and when i buy a new car ina couple years ill get a 5.0 and not worry about tunning.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:34 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

But on a serious note, a CAI with tune is a simple modification and the chances of a CAI destroying your car is slim... In fact, there's a bigger chance that you will get rear ended compared to a CAI ruining your Engine.. I've installed one and my Stang is still doing well..
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

your prolly right lol that's the only reason why i would consider buying one due to the fact there arent cases really.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by mapitts
Blacksmoke, all I was trying to do was to provide an example of of the "feel" of a 10 HP difference loss or gain, CAI / tune not with standing. We agree on the whole stand alone CAI and drop in air filter thing. We will just have to agree to disagree. Splitting hairs here IMHO.

I see what you are saying. And I think we do agree for the most part.
But I find many people fail to feel 10HP in these cars, at least the GT, because it has so much HP already and the weight makes that much of a gain sometimes difficult to feel.

Again I was not trying to argue with you. I'm sorry that we both came across the wrong way. I am only here to have fun, get help when I need it, and give help when I can.

I am sure your intentions are the same.
Peace!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
I bought it when i purchased the car, there are alot of things under the hood that can go wrong besides the motor, **** anything else on the car is exspensive prolly lol, not even the part but the labor; im not mecahnicaly inclined that much so i wanted peace of mind if something happend after the 36k mark i would be good till 80K or 6 year and prolly by then ill have a 5.0? ...I'm prolly not even gonna bother with the kit.

Yes i have Ford esp, i can cancel anytime i want. I'm a college student if something goes wrong all i have to do is get it back to the dealer, even with out having the CAI buying the warranty brings peace to me. Buutttt we will se next week how i feel about this

It does cross my mind that i wonder buying the warranty is worth it in another light, being the cars are solid to a point what are the odds of something going wrong? and by the time that occurs i prolly have another car, just speaking out loud.

That being said. If you do want to mod it then I would definitely cancel the warranty if you can get your money back.
Many dealerships will just void your warranty altogether if you have modded the car. Tunes are a big no no since the 5.0 came out.

When they had problems they cracked down on tunes for all of us.
Again if you want to mod it and can get the money back I'd do that and use that dag gum money towards mods!