Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sigh...This soon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:23 PM
mth21305

I hate inconsiderate people! I swear you cant have anything nice without some jack hole screwing it up! At least it was on a replaceable gas door and not the side of the door or fender!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:39 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mth21305
I hate inconsiderate people! I swear you cant have anything nice without some jack hole screwing it up! At least it was on a replaceable gas door and not the side of the door or fender!
Agreed, I'm considering just buying a Gloss black Door to match the other Black accents from the CS Package.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:42 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

sadly, this will be the first of many my friend.

I have about 8 dings on mine, from demon strangers.

My only hope is that in the afterlife anonymous door dingers are tortured for all eternity.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

07blackgt.. thats a grat fantasy. when you decide to join the real world and learn that having a nice stang will cost you THOUSANDS in repairs due to ******** beating the **** out of your car, then cme back and let me know how you really feel. I would have already bought a B326 forged engine if not for my 3500 dollar key scractch fiasco. And don't tell me driving around with fiberglass showing everywhere is ok because its got a forged engine.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:44 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Are you serious? You guys have ****ty luck. I haven't had a single problem in the almost 6 yrs/70k miles I've had the car.. just really careful about where I park.

I did see a girl whack the **** out of some guy's S197 fender in a parking lot though. I left a note under his windshield with the offending car's model and tag #, so maybe karma is on my side.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Are you serious? You guys have ****ty luck. I haven't had a single problem in the almost 6 yrs/70k miles I've had the car.. just really careful about where I park.

I did see a girl whack the **** out of some guy's S197 fender in a parking lot though. I left a note under his windshield with the offending car's model and tag #, so maybe karma is on my side.
This, I think a big part is where people live.. I haven't had a problem where I live. I'm also pretty careful about where I park. If there's an islan in the park lot or a space near a curb I take that one and hug as close as possible to leave several feet of room on the other side of the car to the line.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
This, I think a big part is where people live.. I haven't had a problem where I live. I'm also pretty careful about where I park. If there's an islan in the park lot or a space near a curb I take that one and hug as close as possible to leave several feet of room on the other side of the car to the line.
I do exactly the same, I've driven around parking lots for 5-10 minutes waiting for an end spot.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
I do exactly the same, I've driven around parking lots for 5-10 minutes waiting for an end spot.
Lol, people who ride with me are always like WTF are you doing? while I'm rolling around waiting for a curb spot, ha. I work my *** off to keep my black looking showroom, the last thing I want is for any little ding to take that away.. I can fix a scratch..
Old 10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

my mustang is my DD, and fortunately people are typically very kind to her in parking lots. i also live in a more upscale area, so when i park out on my own in a parking lot, other nice cars park around me.. it's as if we all understand that none of us wants dings/scratches, so we trust each other and park close (i've had lexus' and such pull in real tight to me, over the white parking lines to be away from people on the other side of the spot). i attribute this success to the grabber blue paint that i keep shining every day.

that said, my 2011 Ford Edge got NAILED in a Wal-Mart parking lot. it was a small dent, no paint scratch, but i got some of the douche's paint on my Edge. i shrugged it off and figured i'd pop it out later. i then went on to find out that while i removed the douche's paint, the dent it on a seam/crease on the door panel, so it can't be popped. whole panel needs replacing... fml. i hate wal-mart so much.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Inconsiderate people are everywhere! I have a few door dings as well. Most drivers own a vehicle to get from point A to point B and don't really care what happens to their car or anyone else's. I always park far away from other vehicles to avoid door dings and etc.
I taught my kids to always be careful when opening the car doors and make sure not to hit anyones vehicle. It doesn't matter if it's a beater or a high-end vehicle, be careful and respectful to other peoples property.

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-01-2012 at 02:53 PM.