Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 roush trunk badge

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

i just feel theres a difference between running parts manufacturers stickers vs car makers stickers. Envision me sticking a subaru sticker on my car.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

your right man, id say more like having a wrx and running sti badges on...it really only because I have the roush blower that messed up my judgement, that mainly the biggest mechanic part of the roush car, which is a mustang at first customised by roush to be a real vin-certified car from them, like yours
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I don't know Mighted, I'm with you. You've got the Roushcharger. May not be an "official" Roush, but you got the best part of it anyway. You stated they don't have the Roush Mustang up there, so I think that helps your case. If it really bugs you, you could fab up your own badge with the Roush "R" and put "charged" underneath it so it says "Roushcharged". Just throwing out ideas. Go with what makes you happy, but I don't think you're out of line.

To the OP, don't put the badge on there if you haven't done anything Roush related. At least get a few Roush parts on there first, and don't go claiming it's a factory Roush.

Just my $.02.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

cMcNam.. when you get the metal plates with serial numbers from Roush and the one with the mechanics name who made your car let me know.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
I have the R roush Logo on side and trunk on my car, it fit The custom body kit n the roush blower imo, itwas on the Car when i bought it, not sure if this is wrong or not...im not trying to act like this is a real roush I just thnik the logo look good on the car, wouldnt if it was a plain gt
It's bad, plain and simple it's posing.. And in reality your car looks nothing like a Roush and has nothing on it other than an m90.. It's no different than putting cobra emblem on a GT..

Originally Posted by Dub9Stang
Thanks for the replys. And it is a v6, I'm making it look like the new roush rs(v6) package... On a budget. My car will be here in a couple weeks so just trying to get everything together so when it comes ill change everything right away. It doesn't need to be the exact same as the rs. I got different wheels from AM.

So, just to be clear, the badge on the roush site will fit, but its just a different material right? I don't mind if its a gel finish. As long as its a nice fit. And would the emblem+chrome surrounding fit also?
Just no, don't do it unless you want to be flamed by most Mustang enthusiast, and especially by those who have actually owned specialty cars..

Originally Posted by Dub9Stang
Well this one is just an R so I think can be bought right off the website. I don't want the 1,2, or 3 cuz it's not a staged roush mustang.
Da fck? Your logic is flawed.. You don't even own a Roush period, regardless if it was staged.. If you want to be a fake might as well go all out and get a stage 20 or some BS..

Originally Posted by CMcNam
I don't know Mighted, I'm with you. You've got the Roushcharger. May not be an "official" Roush, but you got the best part of it anyway. You stated they don't have the Roush Mustang up there, so I think that helps your case. If it really bugs you, you could fab up your own badge with the Roush "R" and put "charged" underneath it so it says "Roushcharged". Just throwing out ideas. Go with what makes you happy, but I don't think you're out of line.

To the OP, don't put the badge on there if you haven't done anything Roush related. At least get a few Roush parts on there first, and don't go claiming it's a factory Roush.

Just my $.02.
If you want to advertise a roushcharger than get the nice little hood decal or trunk badge that says Roushcharged.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Dang, don't need to hate. I can see both sides of the argument, just trying to throw some support towards another Mustang owner.

Hugs? No? Okay...handshake then.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Sorry, Im on 1 side. And if everyone could buy stage 3 decals then, the idiot public would have no clue and my 30k car (as it sits) is worth 15k
Old 10-05-2012, 11:40 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

$10 this thread gets locked soon, lol
Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Dub9Stang
1st Gear Member

3 page thread and...Well still not too sure if it'll fit... Plus I am only trying to make it look like the roush six package, which is only visual mods. So I'm not posing that its a v8 or a supercharged roush. I'm doing those mods plus I got a intake and roush axle back. So my car is Gunna be modded more than a standard rs. As for if I want a roush just buy one, there's a reason I got a base v6 with 1 cheap option. I'd rather do the **** myself for a fraction of the cost.

So I'll try this again... Should the badge fit... I don't give a flying ***** if its not an official roush. It's gunna have more roush components than the actual roush rs.

Last edited by Dub9Stang; 10-06-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:57 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

I have a TVS2300 on my GT/CS, I plan on dropping the full Roush suspension on it too. I always kind've wanted to put an "R" decklid on my car, does that make me a poser?

I personally don't think so, but after hearing some of y'alls opinions, Jesus hahahaha

As far as putting Roush logos on a bone stock V6? You probably already know my opinion hahahaha

Quick Reply: 2013 roush trunk badge