Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously considering a supercharger for my 2011 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Quad4_72

Default Seriously considering a supercharger for my 2011 GT

So I have been doing a bit of research on superchargers and I think I would be willing to pull the trigger if the price was right and I found the right one. The right one is the real problem. With so many companies making them (Procharger, Kenne Bell, Roush, Whipple, etc) I really can't decide which one I would go with, and where the best deal would be. I kind of lean towards Roush, since all of my appearance mods are Roush, but I am definitely not sold on it. Anyone have any advice and experience with this? I am guessing this is a redundant thread, but I couldn't find a good one with the search, so if you guys have a link to one that would help as well. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:27 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Research research is going to be your answer. Lots to chose from. Centris and twin screw are the most popular. It comes down to how u want the power delivered and your hp goals. Plus how thick ur wallet is.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
2011P51GT
1st Gear Member

I went with the Edelbrock e-force and it has been great so far!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

The TVS is by far one of the best/most efficient out right now. There is seriously nothing I can say about it that's bad.. I have a Kenne Bell and love it as well except it heat soaks a lot more than others (billet vs cast) but that can be taken care relatively easy.. When it comes to superchargind, you really need not look at price, you should be looking at quality, performance, and potential. You're already spending a pretty good amount either way you look at it..
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Quad4_72

Man I forgot about TVS and Edelbrock. Jeez lol. Ok so better question does anyone have a link to a website that has a comprehensive list of all superchargers available to my car? Or maybe a couple of sites? I have been doing research but I have not found a site that has every company all in one. I will tell you what though, 2011P51GT I like the numbers you have. Most supercharger kits I have seen the torque numbers at 475 and under.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:57 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Roush is a TVS..
Old 10-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Quad4_72

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Roush is a TVS..
Got ya. Sorry I am not too familiar with everything I had just remembered the name. I am definitely a noob when it comes to superchargers (Hence me being here).
Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

It's all good... as far as a site that has them all I don't think one exist.. You just have to go do all the different ones.. Kenne Bell is ordered directly from Kenne Bell (a few companies sell them aftermarket through them but it's no different). They are strict on their pricing and don't allow companies to sell them for more than what they price them at.. as for all the other ones, you can find them cheaper sometimes on different sites. It's just preference on who you want to order from.. Also if you are planning to pay someone for the install you will need to take into account that it will cost roughly $1000 just for that..
Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Quad4_72

Thanks for the info. Have you looked into turbo chargers at all? I am researching this hellion kit right now.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:23 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Hellion is great, I know those guys personally and they design a pretty good product. Very well engineered.. It just depends on what you're wanting, there is going to be a difference between turbo and SC.. Some will argue the reliability of a turbo but most of it is nonsense or abuse/neglect..

Quick Reply: Seriously considering a supercharger for my 2011 GT