Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Owners... Check your BRAKE FLUID LEVEL - Factory Overfill

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zanypunk
You can bitch all the time, but PA inspections suck anyways. lol It's the owners responsibility to check once it leaves the shop to avoid issues. New or used cars. Not every car that comes out the production is perfect. So keep that in mind.
I get that, but after owning 25+ Mustangs, I know FMC gives each vehicle a pre-delivery checklist, and once it comes off the truck the service techs are supposed to go over it, prior to signing for delivery.

One of the items on the check list... Fluids full and at correct level. Well it seems many techs are either falsfying the documents, which irks me or....not really an OR to this, it is simple falsification. Because if they actually looked, they would notice.

What gets me is all the reservoirs caps on mine have a white paint dot, which is supposed to signify fluids were checked, but it is obvious in this case it was not done, and just marked as if it were done.

I work in QA... I have no love for people who aren't doing their job, and being in QA for so long and knowing how dealers cut corners is one of the reasons I don't trust the service departments to do the job right unless I am hovering over them like a hawk. What irks me even more is that the pre-delivery checklist was completed and said OK. Which means the tech just marked it up and signed off on it.

What if this was something more serious... say loose lug nuts and a tire flew off the car?

People brush it off because they think it is my job to go over the vehicle and this is NOT my job. I am not a certified Ford technician. I have learned what i know about cars by reading forums like these, and the only reason I found this problem was because someone with a GT500 had the same issue, and posted it, but noted it as peeling paint in their thread title. Of course that piqued my interest, and when reading through the thread the root cause was determined to be Brake Fluid leaking from an overfilled MC reservoir, which led me to go check mine.

Ford sells the vehicle to the dealer for a specific price, in that price is an additional $1000-$1500 known as hold back. this is for the dealer to cover costs of prepping and inspecting the car, prepping it for delivery, and making some of the interest payments on their inventory credit line until the unit is sold off.

While I walked away with X-plan, these costs are still covered by Ford Motor Company for the dealer.

Make up your mind as you see fit, but when you're paying $28,000 plus for a car (mine stickered for $32685 and change) I expect it to be properly pre-delivery checked.

If the dealer has lazy techs who don't want to do their job and possibly compromise the safety of others/customers... FIRE THEM.

Ford makes an agreement with their dealers that dealers will check these vehicles out, if they don't they compromise ford if something goes wrong. So a Lazy technicians could end up not only hurting someone, but the dealership itself and FoMoCo. and I doubt FoMoCo wants any damage to their reputation because of someone not doing their JOB.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM
winggs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Old 01-10-2013, 07:45 PM
winggs

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
winggs

[IMG]IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img209/7608/dsc2814t.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Erase the extra IMGs on each end, you only need one on each end you got 2
Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
winggs

[/IMG]
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

You have an extra [IMG] and [/IMG] on your link, take the extra ones off.

It looks like this [IMG]IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img209/7608/dsc2814t.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
..........................^ remove that one............................................... ................. ^ and this one

and you will get your picture to display... like this

Old 01-10-2013, 07:55 PM
winggs

Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

there ya go
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Mayberry40
2nd Gear Member

I will be checking on my 13 GT/CS...............steelerships are great arent they!!

Quick Reply: 2013 Owners... Check your BRAKE FLUID LEVEL - Factory Overfill