Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handgun hiding placw

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by yellowneck86
this is the idea that i had
This would be the equivalent of open carry in Florida, which is illegal. I'd check your state laws before mounting a gun in plain sight like that.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Joenpb
2nd Gear Member

If I were carrying a gun, in the car, I'd just tuck it into the pocket on back of the passenger seat with the grip out. Clean, easy access, & out of sight. I wouldn't store the gun in the car.

Last edited by Joenpb; 12-06-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 AM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

I just put it in the center console when I'm driving. I don't see the need for a special car holster when it only takes a second to push a button to open the compartment. I have a safe in the trunk if I need to leave it in my car, or I cable lock it to the seat frame in the truck.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joenpb
If I were carrying a gun, in the car, I'd just tuck it into the pocket on back of the passenger seat with the grip out. Clean, easy access, & out of sight. I wouldn't store the gun in the car.
That's where I keep mine. A Glock .40 fits perfectly in the center console in pre-'10 models but the console got smaller in '10+ models and had to move it to the seat pocket.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Where do you have a car safe? What kind?
http://www.stack-on.com/categories/p...6/products/292

Fits under your seat. Has a cable lock.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

I vaguely recall one that mounted on the side of the center console (passenger side, directly right of the shifter).
I think that would be idea for quick access and out of the way when driving.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Mr2013GT
1st Gear Member

I lived in Louisiana for a while, cool gun laws there. Some of you guys have *no offense* ridiculously strict gun laws. I was legally allowed to shoot someone dead if they tried to carjack me because my car was considered an extension of my home, along with open carry on your person at 17 years of age and open carry in a vehicle at all times.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:35 PM
95Bluestallion
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr2013GT
I lived in Louisiana for a while, cool gun laws there. Some of you guys have *no offense* ridiculously strict gun laws. I was legally allowed to shoot someone dead if they tried to carjack me because my car was considered an extension of my home, along with open carry on your person at 17 years of age and open carry in a vehicle at all times.
The "bad" folks will have guns regardless of any laws, so we law abiding citizens may as well have a chance to arm ourselves conveniently. Iowa is pretty cool about gun laws, and I am thankful of it. That being said, I am still trying to decide where to keep my carry gun in the car.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:53 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr2013GT
No offense, but I don't think a 17 year old should have a handgun. It's 21 in Florida and I'm perfectly happy with that. I'm Republican and like my guns, but I'm for some gun control. We don't need teenagers carrying guns on their hips. I'd have to start practicing my quick draw if that were the case.

Florida's gun laws are getting lots of press lately. Specifically the No retreat law. I'm sure some of you have seen the news. You can shoot all the car jackers you want, but you might still have to defend yourself in a court of law. I'll be flooring the gas before I try drawing my gun. Now anyone coming into my home is dead, no question about it. If they charge me, then I'll deal with it.

Last edited by moosestang; 12-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

I have one that worked perfectly in my '10 GT but doesnt quite work in my GT500 (07). I've already figured out how Im going to remount it in that spot but need a quick trip to the store. Check out there website. It was worth every penny. Very durable, built to last and their holsters fit everything very well (Sig 1911 and Sig P250 9mm compact)

I was pulled over once and the officer clearly saw it but said nothing. The inside of your car essentially treated like the inside of your home in Colorado.

Quick Reply: Handgun hiding placw