Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I screwed up my seat! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 03:04 PM
berryracer
1st Gear Member

yeah i learned my lesson the very hard way. Never carrying any food in there again

my insurance deductbile would be 300 USD for any claim so it shouldn't be much but im not sure if that is covered. like it is an accident, but a self inflicted one...

the seat is heating fine I see and no smell...only those ****in' dots have white dots in them
Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by berryracer
....only those ****in' dots have white dots in them
Now you need to spill some black shoe polish.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:32 PM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

I think you should find the hottest chick in Dubai, take her out on a date in the stang and turn on her heated seat....If she says, "Why is my *** covered in hot gravy and what are you going to do about?" (I would then show her exactly what I would do to remedy the situation.)
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

funniest thing I've read in a while! I'm always spilling gravy in the stang.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:40 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

If you are really worried, for what the deductable is, you should be able to have someone remove the seat skin, clean under it, and then reinstall, problem solved.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:26 PM
roegs
1st Gear Member

I had an '11 GT before the '09 that I have now. The newer models have perforated seats for both cooling and heat. They blow air through the perforations. I’d somehow verify that you still are getting airflow through the seat cushion on that side. It’s been a while since I owned the ’11, but I think you could feel air through the cushions when the seat mode was enabled. If you feel that the cushion is clogged, an upholstery shop should be able to remove the seat cover and clean it. You could also look online for some takeoff covers and replace that one. I would not worry about an insurance claim. A claim for an interior spill is quite a bit different than an at-fault accident.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Gravy smells way better than all the farts that soil my seats!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Katmandu
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
If you file a claim, your rate will likely go up.
That is 100% NOT TRUE at all. I know this from personal experience.

Claims such as this are filed under the Comprehensive portion of one's insurance policy.

My wife and I stopped by a local realtor's office for a few minutes and left our small mutt inside the car (85 Laser). We come out (15) minutes later to find BOTH from seat belts have been TOTALLY chewed apart! Both front seat belts were ruined!

I called my insurance agent (State Farm) and he said it would all be covered under the Comprehensive policy.

IIRC, this was almost a $700 claim.

The only thing you will pay for is your deductible (if you have one).

BTW, I've filed several (4 or 5) claims for broken windshields over the past (25) years and never had to pay one cent out of my pocket. My insurance was never raised and never threatened to be cancelled.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Katmandu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by berryracer
yeah i learned my lesson the very hard way. Never carrying any food in there again

my insurance deductbile would be 300 USD for any claim so it shouldn't be much but im not sure if that is covered. like it is an accident, but a self inflicted one...
Again, this is cover under the Comprehensive portion. It is NOT a Collision type of "accident". You have a separate deductible for Collision and a separate for Comprehensive. Most likely, your Comprehensive deductible is substantially lower than the Collision deductible.

Don't feel to bad about ruining your seat. I once had over a gallon of pure kerosene leak out on the front seat of my 79 Capri! I was hauling a kerosene heater and forgot to empty the tank out first! Talk about young and stupid! I had to replace the whole seat!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I forgot about the seat perforations helping airflow. Now, if they're blocked, you'll lift off the seat a little bit each time you fart instead of it blowing down thru the perforations. You may also cause damage to the head liner if you fart hard enough.

Quick Reply: I screwed up my seat! Help!