Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car seems to be missing something...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 12:12 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Lowering is on the list! Don't want that to happen to my car. How easy is it to lower yourself or pay someone to do it?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:13 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
I personally liked it better with the rockers
I am kind of back and forth on that. I thought about doing something like the GT/CS stripes before 2013.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TomKat
tint your lights!
Already done! I just didn't do the head lights because the light from them already sucks enough!

Here is a pic with the lights smoked! I had the body shop do them so they would be done the right way. He mixed some black with clear and sprayed my tails and all 4 sidemarkers.

smoked lights by mustang0672, on Flickr
Old 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

i like the tint on lights it looks nice!! and i love black decklid! more i look at it i say don't do anything else honestly its a gold mustang! how many of them do you see anyways not to many i can imagine... as it sits it is tastefully done
Old 12-23-2012, 12:32 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Lowering is on the list! Don't want that to happen to my car. How easy is it to lower yourself or pay someone to do it?
Don't pay someone, it's very easy to do yourself. How about a black spoiler coupled with a hood decal of some sort? Tint the side markers as well. My first car was gold and I loved the color. Maybe a small gold ring around the edge of the wheels to tie them into the color of the car?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:35 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Don't pay someone, it's very easy to do yourself. How about a black spoiler coupled with a hood decal of some sort? Tint the side markers as well. My first car was gold and I loved the color. Maybe a small gold ring around the edge of the wheels to tie them into the color of the car?
If I did do a black spoiler it would have to be the same one. That spoiler has my rear view camera in it. Its not that I can't back up without it. The camera helps see around angles you can't see from the drivers seat while backing out at say Sonic and you have two big trucks beside you.

I have already smoked all the sidemarkers with the same process as the tails.

A small gold ring would look cool.....but the more I think about it . What do ya'll think of say some black rims with a polished outer ring?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:34 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
What do ya'll think of say some black rims with a polished outer ring?
Well, I'm a fan of that of course.lol
Not a fan of an all black wheel
Try the striping on the side first as its much cheaper.
Love the idea of the gold ring on the wheels too.
Don't pay someone for the drop, its easy to do yourself.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

I said it before and I'll say it again. You should have left the rocker stripes. Looked much better with them on. You have the glass roof option, so I'd say get some roof and trunk stripes, Camaro style. I like the GT500 style wheels, but personally, I think if you wanted an all black wheel, flat black looks better than gloss black. If you want gloss black, it looks much better with the polished lip around it. Honestly though, I'm not sure how the polished lip would look on your car, considering how it's all gold/black, the polished lip would seem to come out of nowhere. Very tough to work with Sunset Gold! Good luck!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:32 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

Try black hood spears, and then i think the 2013 fading gtcs rockers would look cool.
IMO im not a fan of those rims in general.
Take some ideas to the chopshop, Im sure tanner and the bunch down there would help out.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:43 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

If you go with new rims with a chrome lip, how about powdercoating the chrome to the same gold color as the car?

Quick Reply: My car seems to be missing something...