Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashing a Saleen S281, replacing parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
DFR30

Default Crashing a Saleen S281, replacing parts

Ive often wondered this subject. If saleen is no longer producing parts for the 05 and up mustangs how would you get replacement parts(bumpers etc) if you get into an accident with your S281? It seems like every website says the saleen stuff is discontinued and the new SMS website shows nothing about where you can order parts from them. What would an S281 owner do?

Ive always wanted one but im apprehensive because of this reason
Old 12-22-2012, 10:10 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

It is like restoring a antique car. You start scouring the country looking for the parts you need. Could take a long, long time to put it back together.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:33 PM
DFR30

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
It is like restoring a antique car. You start scouring the country looking for the parts you need. Could take a long, long time to put it back together.
Oh eff that! I would be too afraid to drive it-not because of my driving skill but because there are too many dumba$$es on the road.plus i wouldnt want my car to be out of commision for so long
Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

man, never thought about this... that would suck. At least when I had my 04 GTO if I would have needed parts, some were available, albeit, in Aussieland.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:19 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Just replace with aftermarket parts. So what if you can't get a saleen grille or front bumper. It's just a gt with a ground effects kit. Make it a roush.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 PM
DFR30

Originally Posted by moosestang
Just replace with aftermarket parts. So what if you can't get a saleen grille or front bumper. It's just a gt with a ground effects kit. Make it a roush.
Problem with that is some of those that buy a saleen buy it for exclusivity and some just like the look, plus a lot of people dont like to mix aftermarket parts to create a car hash.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:17 PM
tbar
2nd Gear Member

Saleen has parts again. Right now they have most body parts available, slowly other parts are supposed to become available.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:29 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbar
Saleen has parts again. Right now they have most body parts available, slowly other parts are supposed to become available.
Yeah, I was going to say, call Saleen.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

Not all available parts are on their website as the first shipment they received pretty much only took care of backorders, but they are getting more.

After the Holiday, call Saleen in California at 800-888-8945 (or 714-400-2121) for any parts you don't see on their website. They'll gladly provide the parts they have in stock, and the others will be backordered, but you're in a much better position today than owners were 6 months ago.

Body kits and other items for all generations of Saleen Mustang are being procured, and the next few months will breathe a sigh of relief for owners needing parts. Steve and the Saleen team have been busy working on this and are excited to have this finally come to fruition.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM
DFR30

Originally Posted by Jim D.
Not all available parts are on their website as the first shipment they received pretty much only took care of backorders, but they are getting more.

After the Holiday, call Saleen in California at 800-888-8945 (or 714-400-2121) for any parts you don't see on their website. They'll gladly provide the parts they have in stock, and the others will be backordered, but you're in a much better position today than owners were 6 months ago.

Body kits and other items for all generations of Saleen Mustang are being procured, and the next few months will breathe a sigh of relief for owners needing parts. Steve and the Saleen team have been busy working on this and are excited to have this finally come to fruition.
Oh thats nice to hear. I would reallly like to buy a saleen supercharger

Quick Reply: Crashing a Saleen S281, replacing parts