Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am torn and can't decide...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:21 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Buy mine
Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Sunfire186

Originally Posted by JFitz
Red because it's non-supercharged.

I don't want ANYTHING to do with one someone else installed.

If I'm going to blow an engine, I'd want it to be my mods that did it. Not someone else's.
Yea I kind of feel the same way...

Sooooo... I've eliminated the Blue completely since the guy hasn't even answered me since yesterday if he even has it plus all the input here... But another Mustang GT got stumbled upon and I'm having a bit of a tough decision again between the two...

It's the Red 2009 vs the Black 2008 Builltt...

2008 Mustang GT Builltt

Which would you guys choose? The Red is so appealing but so is the 08 Builltt. And I LOVE THE COLOR BLACK... So I don't know now...
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

Whew....

Uh...well. I might go with the Bullitt in this case. Just 'cause, you know...Bullitt. You gotta test drive these cars though. Get a feel for how each one treats you.

As many cars were made, I firmly believe that there are Mustangs out there that are just absolute $#!te.

Test drive it and take it to a mechanic you trust to drive it and put it on a lift. That way you know if the car you're about to buy has been completely repainted with no accident reported...like me. My mechanic also runs a body shop so he can tell when fenders have been aligned and trim removed and such.

Don't trust the carfax. It's helpful, I guess, but no substitute for keen eyes, ears, and fingers.

You say you love black, and this is one of the baddest black Mustangs I've seen for that money. I can't say no to either just looking at the pictures and the ads.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Sterling302
1st Gear Member

I'd go red. Call me paranoid, but if I'm getting a supercharger, I'd either like to install it myself or make sure it's installed at a reputable shop. If the guy has the paperwork for it, I guess that's different. But I like starting with a pretty base car. Just my 2 cents I can really see why you're torn!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Well, stock for stock the bullitt has all the features of the 09 plus more, including more aggresive tune, upgraded exhaust, and lowering springs. It also will always have a higher resale being a limited production model, although the 09 cars were only a half year production (oct 08-apr 09)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

I prefer the Bullitt in Green.

And I'm not a fan of the dash plate (is that stock?)

But it is definitely a clean looking car.

Decisions decisions, man.

I'd be curious to see what a good mechanic would say in a comparison between them.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:07 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

The red car has an aftermarket intake on it so it must have a tune in the car to go with it. If you decide on that car make sure you get the programer that was used for the tune or you will be screwed. Without the programer you can't return the cars computer to stock condition.

Earl
Old 02-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Sunfire186

Originally Posted by retfr8flyr
The red car has an aftermarket intake on it so it must have a tune in the car to go with it. If you decide on that car make sure you get the programer that was used for the tune or you will be screwed. Without the programer you can't return the cars computer to stock condition.

Earl
Yea he has it with the car as well as all the stock parts which he is giving with the vehicle.

So I went to test drive and see the Red one last night and I am not even going to go see the Bullitt in the morning. I know the Bullitt is an awesome special edition type of Mustang, but the Red 09 was just amazing! Not a single scratch or ding on the car at all! Perfect Interior and I found out it has the Ambient Lighting Package which he didn't know he had. It was also the smoothest and best drive out of all that I have test driven over the past 2 weeks including a 2012 with only 4,000 miles on it.

Finishing the paperwork for the loan in the morning and will be picking up 'Scarlet,' yes I already named her, in the afternoon tomorrow. Very very excited!

(Thanks again for all the input guys!)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

Sweet.

Guys, I'll be back later, going to Houston...to test drive a Bullitt
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Sunfire186

Originally Posted by JFitz
Sweet.

Guys, I'll be back later, going to Houston...to test drive a Bullitt
LOL! Really? There are two, one that I linked in Stafford and the other is down in Alvin, TX. Almost identical mileage and everything. Manual, GT, Bullitt, etc! Let us know if you get one! Lol

Quick Reply: I am torn and can't decide...