Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 hour detailing then lady backs into my door.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:28 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

impossible to tell with out being there to see it up close and feel it but I would assume they would be able to get a flat door flat again...

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 AM
joe95 gt
2nd Gear Member

i dont know if its a coincidence or not but ever since i bought my '12 5.0 it seemsw like this car has a bullseye on the side of it. I have had more close calls in this car than any other, and they havent been due to my driving. Almost been t-boned two times in this car, both times it was because of people blowing through stop lights while talking on their phones.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:25 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Same experience for me too. Every close call I have had it was the cars speed that got it out of the way in time. Just this time I was not here to move it out of the way.

Had a truck before this no issues with people running into me.

Originally Posted by joe95 gt
i dont know if its a coincidence or not but ever since i bought my '12 5.0 it seemsw like this car has a bullseye on the side of it. I have had more close calls in this car than any other, and they havent been due to my driving. Almost been t-boned two times in this car, both times it was because of people blowing through stop lights while talking on their phones.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

There's a special spot in hell for Mustang abusers...

I have 2 minor door dings that bug me
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Mr.Ski
2nd Gear Member

I think you are doing the right thing going the route you are going. If they reskin that door, the seal around the perimiter will never be the same, and always suseptable to letting more water creep down into the seam, unless they dip and e-coat that door like in the factory, which you know they can't do. I see large body panels get spotted like that occasionally in the factory, and once finished properly, you can't tell it was ever done. As new as that paint is, if the guys doing it are good, you'll never see it.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM
aleit2013
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Same experience for me too. Every close call I have had it was the cars speed that got it out of the way in time. Just this time I was not here to move it out of the way.

Had a truck before this no issues with people running into me.
Haha, I have had the exact same experience. I had a truck before my mustang, and never had any close calls in the 3 years i owned it. I've had at least 5 close calls in the 2 months I've had the mustang.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:45 PM
SLVRSTNG06
2nd Gear Member

I have to agree with mr. ski, you really don't want to start cutting and replacing metal if you don't have to. If the body shop is top-notch, then you won't be able to tell anything happened to that door after its painted.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:52 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Just got back from the body shop and took a look at the work on my door. It looks very good, some very small areas that could not be completely fixed. Lucky these areas can be fixed with very little fill. It's smooth across all the body lines and all lined back up.

It's getting the finishing touches on the body work to night. Tomorrow it will get painted and she should be ready to pick up on Wednesday.

Going insane driving this Nissan Sentra rental and it smells bad and I don't want to know why.....
Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Post pics when she is home!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Looks like she will not be home till Friday at the soonest now. The ships paint shop is backed up.

They do not want to rush her paint job, which I am thankful for but still sucks but good they are taking more time on the Mustang than any of the common cars getting fixed haha.

Quick Reply: 3 hour detailing then lady backs into my door.