Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Horsepower Estimate?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by E_cox310
This is why I don't bother with all those bolt ons because I hate seeing how all the money spent (Headers, cams, minor bolt-ons, and the install cost) you might as well put a blower on it. With all that you still won't be putting up the impressive numbers a blower can give you. Correct me if I'm wrong.
As hard as this may be to believe, there are people who would much rather keep their car naturally aspirated. Forced induction distorts the car's original balance between acceleration and either cornering or braking away from all-around driving toward drag racing and dyno sheet bragging.

That doesn't make a blower wrong generally, just wrong for some people.

One of our cars has (OE) forced induction, so it's not like I don't understand why the people who do like it, like it to the extent that they do.

Norm
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 AM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

Someone said take it to a strip and run the numbers. That's not a bad idea. I'm planning on taking it to the strip anyway. I have never been and pretty nervous. The drag strip is 1000ft. So we gotta take that into account. I'm hoping its very close to 320 hp. Apparently the guy before that owned it had a whipple on it. Removed it before he sold it . It's even wired for snow boost coolant with toggle switches and everything. He had all this stuff put on it. I wonder if its ever been raced?...
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 20binafd
I tried to make it as obvious as possible that I'm being sarcastic. I even said "just kidding", can you seriously not tell?
I guess that makes me D bag. I didn't read your entire post. My bad
Old 04-02-2013, 04:02 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by cema93
Someone said take it to a strip and run the numbers. That's not a bad idea. I'm planning on taking it to the strip anyway. I have never been and pretty nervous. The drag strip is 1000ft. So we gotta take that into account. I'm hoping its very close to 320 hp. Apparently the guy before that owned it had a whipple on it. Removed it before he sold it . It's even wired for snow boost coolant with toggle switches and everything. He had all this stuff put on it. I wonder if its ever been raced?...
I was gonna ask why you would spend all that $$ on forged internals unless you already had something planned for big HP. Install a SC back on it....
Old 04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
As hard as this may be to believe, there are people who would much rather keep their car naturally aspirated. Forced induction distorts the car's original balance between acceleration and either cornering or braking away from all-around driving toward drag racing and dyno sheet bragging.

That doesn't make a blower wrong generally, just wrong for some people.

One of our cars has (OE) forced induction, so it's not like I don't understand why the people who do like it, like it to the extent that they do.

Norm
Makes perfect sense.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I guess that makes me D bag. I didn't read your entire post. My bad
what a d bag!!!!
lol