Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering buying this..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:28 AM
tripp26x

Default Considering buying this..

Hey there guys, I'm new to this site, and currently am not a Mustang owner, but will be in the near future.

I've read a few posts on this site prior to signing up, some of the questions people have asked have sort of answered my question.

I'll ask anyway seeing as mine and everyone else's inquiries are unique.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Must...howcpo=ShowCPO

I'm currently looking at that mustang to buy. My budget WAS 15,000.. but I'd make the exception since I really like the look of red, and it's a 2010 model.

However, the KM's is 123,000 on it and that has me a bit iffy. I've e-mailed the seller, and he said it's car proof verified accident free, and 1 owner.

Kitchener (the town the car is located) is about an hour drive away from me, so bringing it to my mechanic, or bringing my mechanic might be pushing it. I don't have any car enthusiasts family/friends so I'm on my own on this. All I know is, for a 2010 I **THOUGHT** 123,000KM was a lot for a 2010 model. Could be totally wrong.

If I'm posting in the wrong section, I sincerely apologize. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Im confident you could find a better deal, this is not even a gt!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

buy a v8 dude...you'll regret it..i did after buying a v6...everyone i knew was laughing that i bought a 6 ...
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM
tripp26x

Yeah I'm staying away from GT's at the moment since I'm afraid my insurance will be quite a bit. I'm 22 yr old male, I don't think my insurance would be too kind to me haha.

I don't know cars or much about Mustang's for that matter, but after scouting Auto trader for the past couple weeks I would've thought that car could've gone for probably 13,000.. since I would of been paying in cash as well.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Personally I think that is to high. With that many miles and the older, less powerful (not trying to knock any 4.0 owners. I am sure it is a great engine) engine. It does come with SYNC which I LOVE, but doesnt come with leather.
Here is a '10, V6, auto with leather with only 65k miles for 15.5k
https://usedcars.truecar.com/car/For...BP8AN2A5148519

I think you could talk the dealer down a bit. I dont know what your credit score is but the dealership you are looking at is listing it at 5% interest. WAY, WAY, WAY high IMO. I was able to get my '11 for 1.8% this last October so something else to think about.

Good luck,
Matthew
Old 05-29-2013, 10:59 AM
tripp26x

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Personally I think that is to high. With that many miles and the older, less powerful (not trying to knock any 4.0 owners. I am sure it is a great engine) engine. It does come with SYNC which I LOVE, but doesnt come with leather.
Here is a '10, V6, auto with leather with only 65k miles for 15.5k
https://usedcars.truecar.com/car/For...BP8AN2A5148519

I think you could talk the dealer down a bit. I dont know what your credit score is but the dealership you are looking at is listing it at 5% interest. WAY, WAY, WAY high IMO. I was able to get my '11 for 1.8% this last October so something else to think about.

Good luck,
Matthew

Good call on that. I was looking at a car earlier that was 25,000$ which was out of my budget by 10,000 so I considered financing it, but damn.. 4.9% at the other dealership was too damn high. It was 2000$ something a year.

Is there a certain time of the year when Ford or dealerships try to get rid of cars with lower financing or 0% financing, I remember I used to see it all the time advertised when I wasn't in the market for a car, and now that I am.. I never see it, typical.

Thanks for looking out for me on the other 2010 mustang, unfortunately I live in Ontario, Canada, otherwise that Car looked really good!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by tripp26x
Good call on that. I was looking at a car earlier that was 25,000$ which was out of my budget by 10,000 so I considered financing it, but damn.. 4.9% at the other dealership was too damn high. It was 2000$ something a year.

Is there a certain time of the year when Ford or dealerships try to get rid of cars with lower financing or 0% financing, I remember I used to see it all the time advertised when I wasn't in the market for a car, and now that I am.. I never see it, typical.

Thanks for looking out for me on the other 2010 mustang, unfortunately I live in Ontario, Canada, otherwise that Car looked really good!
0% is normally for new cars only. I dont think I have ever seen used cars for 0%, normally you are looking at 2-4% for good credit. I was able to get it down because I have a really high credit.

Good luck on the search.

Matthew
Old 05-29-2013, 11:23 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tripp26x
Yeah I'm staying away from GT's at the moment since I'm afraid my insurance will be quite a bit. I'm 22 yr old male, I don't think my insurance would be too kind to me haha.

I don't know cars or much about Mustang's for that matter, but after scouting Auto trader for the past couple weeks I would've thought that car could've gone for probably 13,000.. since I would of been paying in cash as well.
You'd be surprised about the insurance. I would recommend calling them to get a quote on a V6 vs. a V8. It might not be as big of a jump as you would expect.

As for that particular car, keep looking. That price is WAY high and I think you could find something better. If you like that body style, keep your eyes peeled for 2011's and 2012's. They have the new V6 with more power, but same body style.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I forgot to add that the end of the month is the best time to shop for a car as the dealers/salesmen are trying to make their numbers so they are more willing to deal. Make sure you know your stuff (what you want to spend, what your credit score is, what other dealers have in stock, what the car you are looking for is REALLY worth). Having print outs of other cars from other dealers helps you negotiate, also having a print out from some place like KBB.com of what the cars true market value cost also helps when you are negotiating. BIGGEST THING - DONT be afraid to walk away. There are plenty of other cars out there.

Matthew
Old 05-29-2013, 12:14 PM
tripp26x

Thanks guys for the replies.

I've been looking on auto trader, and they only have a select few.

Are there any other sites you guys could recommend me using?

Quick Reply: Considering buying this..