Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear, or Quarter Window Louvers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:38 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

You should only get the rear one if you have a mullett... then it would be acceptable. the SHR side louvers aren't bad.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayPony
I don't agree, I say nix the side louvers and go with rear...

Which rear louvers are those? I wanna get an aluminum one in the future.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:06 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Love my SHR louvers! If I got a set of rears, I would go with Aluminum and make sure it will prop up. Other wise it will be a PIA trying to clean the back glass. I had one on my '82 GT.

Name:  july12215.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0238.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  84.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0241.jpg
Views: 1826
Size:  83.6 KB

The reason the glass looks white in the last picture is because it was parked next to my box truck.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:35 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

My rear louvers are MRT, They came in flat black and I had it painted locally and vinyl stripes put on at a local graphics shop! I would do it again....I like them!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Murgatroy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
My rear louvers are MRT, They came in flat black and I had it painted locally and vinyl stripes put on at a local graphics shop! I would do it again....I like them!
I really like the look of painted rear window louvers.

It isn't for everyone though.

I have a white Mustang, so I am not sure all of that white would be a good thing, but I would love to see someone else do it first.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
I really like the look of painted rear window louvers.

It isn't for everyone though.

I have a white Mustang, so I am not sure all of that white would be a good thing, but I would love to see someone else do it first.

I think black rear louver would look good on white. I put mine on before paint to see what it would look like in black. If it wasn't for the white stripes I think it would have worked!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Yours looks great. I'm just debating whether to go with the MRT or the Willpak on AM. Either way, it won't be anytime soon so I still have a long time to figure it out.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:22 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Antonio323
Yours looks great. I'm just debating whether to go with the MRT or the Willpak on AM. Either way, it won't be anytime soon so I still have a long time to figure it out.
Thanks! Take your time, there is certainly no hurry. The MRT mounts to the glass only, nothing permanent in case you want to remove them. They also prop up for cleaning. Just cleaned mine up getting ready for the Shelby meet in Tulsa at the end of the week. Whichever you decide, if possible leave the underside flat black. I painted mine both sides and get some reflection off of the bottom of the louver.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:47 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I like the side louvers and then I think on the right car, the rear window louvers are fine. They are not something I would do on my rides though, but I did consider it when I had my '10. Of course, Mark's 500 looks badass with both.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Thanks! Take your time, there is certainly no hurry. The MRT mounts to the glass only, nothing permanent in case you want to remove them. They also prop up for cleaning. Just cleaned mine up getting ready for the Shelby meet in Tulsa at the end of the week. Whichever you decide, if possible leave the underside flat black. I painted mine both sides and get some reflection off of the bottom of the louver.
Thanks for the tip! I'd leave them flat black for the look I'm going for. Although painted looks good too.

Quick Reply: Rear, or Quarter Window Louvers?