Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good News/ Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 PM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fader
The good news is, after 2 weeks of not-so-patiently waiting, I picked up my 05 GT yesterday, and drove it home to Idaho from Arizona. It was a long trip, but worth every minute.

The bad news is that, while on this drive home, a large jackrabbit decided he had nothing left to live for, and ran out in front of my flawless GT. At 75mph. Suffice it to say, the lower-grill on my GT exploded, and my bumper has a break in the fascia, just below the lower-grill insert.

There was cursing. A lot of it. And, there may have been tears. I can neither confirm, nor deny......
lol I almost cried when I got a little too close to the curb and lightly scrapped my CDC lip. so I know how you feel.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:45 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Be thankful it was something furry and reasonably soft that you hit.

I hit a very large armadillo going 65-70 mph and then, due to my car being lowered, I drug him for a good while lodged under my condenser before he finally let loose and tumbled under the car (presumably no longer alive but I wouldn't be surprised, armadillos are resilient buggers). I still haven't replaced it and it happened in 2010 but the bottom lip is bent 90 degrees and then bottom 1/8 of the fins are bent to the side. Surprisingly he didn't mess up my GT/CS front end at all.

I think I pooped a little when I hit him, as did he I am sure. My car sure stank until I was able to rinse the front properly (no blood but armadillos f'n stink).
Old 06-24-2013, 05:36 PM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gmoran1469
Be thankful it was something furry and reasonably soft that you hit.

I hit a very large armadillo going 65-70 mph and then, due to my car being lowered, I drug him for a good while lodged under my condenser before he finally let loose and tumbled under the car (presumably no longer alive but I wouldn't be surprised, armadillos are resilient buggers). I still haven't replaced it and it happened in 2010 but the bottom lip is bent 90 degrees and then bottom 1/8 of the fins are bent to the side. Surprisingly he didn't mess up my GT/CS front end at all.

I think I pooped a little when I hit him, as did he I am sure. My car sure stank until I was able to rinse the front properly (no blood but armadillos f'n stink).
I'm thinking the rabbit had a crash helmet on! I couldn't believe how many pieces that grill insert ended up in. Still, I feel your pain, though your story sounds worse. You have my condolences!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:44 PM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JWButler14
lol I almost cried when I got a little too close to the curb and lightly scrapped my CDC lip. so I know how you feel.
I curb mine all the time the bottom of mine is all banged up, every so often I just take some sandpaper and clean it up
Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 PM
mustang_gt808
2nd Gear Member

Here she is! All stock.

VERY nice!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:19 PM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephen1371
I curb mine all the time the bottom of mine is all banged up, every so often I just take some sandpaper and clean it up
I don't have to worry about it anymore unfortunately.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:43 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

I like the clean look, it makes the car look "Phat" like the new Challengers.
It's how the cartoon cars in the 70's would look, stocky. I had a detailing shop remove my Monaco stripe. The 05-09 is the perfect looking Mustang, but I had to catch that damn Coyote. Whatever you do Dr. Frankenstein don't drill holes and zip-tie up the grill.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:08 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

The good news is, after 2 weeks of not-so-patiently waiting, I picked up my 05 GT yesterday, and drove it home to Idaho from Arizona. It was a long trip, but worth every minute.

The bad news is that, while on this drive home, a large jackrabbit decided he had nothing left to live for, and ran out in front of my flawless GT. At 75mph. Suffice it to say, the lower-grill on my GT exploded, and my bumper has a break in the fascia, just below the lower-grill insert.

There was cursing. A lot of it. And, there may have been tears. I can neither confirm, nor deny......
Ouch! Sorry to hear that dude.

When I bought my car I had to ride up to Cleveland with my girlfriend to pick it up. We were coming home, I was following her, we hadn't been on the highway an hour when some dude on a bike decided he had to run across a three lane highway to get his do-rag (or whatever it was) that had blown off his bike. She slammed on her brakes, I slammed on mine, and for a few seconds I thought I was going to rearend her and destroy both cars on the day I bought mine! Ugh. Fortunately it was just a rush of a adrenaline and some cursing at the idiot!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 AM
joeroy

i love the clean look, and your dad sounds like a super guy

Quick Reply: Good News/ Bad News