Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered 2014

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:21 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Yea, that;s a good deal and basically, it's got PWR windows/locks, disc player and AC....all you need and 300hp! What else is out there for under 20K and is cool?? good buy!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Congrats on your new 14 Mustang!
Being 19 years old, I am sure you will be the envy of most (normal) kids.....except those trust fund babies. LOL

As far as the V6 vs GT thing goes......don't pay much attention to it. I have been on many other forums (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Acura, Audi, Chevy, etc......) this type of talk is normal.
Some guy who has the ZR1 Corvette always asks the new kid why he bought the base Corvette and not a used ZR1 or Z06.......or some joker with a Porsche 911 Turbo S will ask the new guy who just dropped $80,000 on a new 911 Carrera base why he didn't get the "good one". Can you imagine how you would feel just dropping $80,000 on a Porsche 911 and some dude asking you why you didn't get the 911 Carrera S or the Turbo model? On the BMW forums......the M3/M5/M6 guys always ask the person who is all excited about their new 328i/335i/528i..etc, why they didn't go get the used M3/M5/M6 model. I am sure the Camaro forums are full of the SS vs RS (V6) trash talk too.

Maybe this kid wants to use that $8,000 he would have spent on the GT for College? Or maybe start an IRA for retirement? What ever his reason, I say CONGRATS......and you made a fine choice. At that age, I barely had gas money for my Cutlass.....let alone buying a new $20,000 car!

In the end......my answer is always this:
Dude, you gonna make my payment? If so, then let's go shoppin'

Last edited by Vegasrph98; 07-18-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:52 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Let an old man impart a little wisdom to you younger guys......pay no attention to what anyone else thinks. There will always be someone faster, richer, better looking, more talented, whatever.

What matters is doing what makes YOU happy and being grateful for what you have. No one has the right to say anything if they aren't paying for it. Just don't let the haters get to you.

There are much bigger problems in the world than what kind of car one drives....

It's your car, get out there and enjoy it and live life as happy as you can. Nothing lasts forever and life gets shorter the older you get. It's amazing how quickly times goes by.

Wouldn't trade my GT for any of those more expensive or newer boutique Stangs like a Saleen or Roush, not even a Shelby. Perfectly happy with my car and still love it as much as the first day I got it. No matter what kind of Mustang you drive, it's still one of the coolest cars on the road or they wouldn't still be making them almost 50 years now.

So take pride in your choice and have a good time!

Last edited by White05GT; 07-18-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:52 AM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Actually the new 3.7 is a pretty good platform to mod compared to all the past V6's.
Your rear is a 8.8, good. Add a 3.73 and ensure it has a posi. CIA, SCT 93 octane tune, and I wonder if Long Tubes would go into it easy? For the X/H pipe go with a MAC Pro Chamber, it was made to make a V6 sound better. The more you spend on the mufflers the less chance of a drone. Id stick with FRPP because they engineered their mufflers for their cars. Then build the suspension, then the driveline and brakes if your cash holds out.
I've dropped 10K in mine and I'm not even half-way finished.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 AM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Check your compression ratio, 11:1 is high and most Super Charged engines come 9.5:1.
The only 3.7 I've seen with a S/C was also in the shop with a destroyed engine. It's the same with my engine, I'll need to build internals to go S/C safely and have an engine that lasts.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:07 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
Actually the new 3.7 is a pretty good platform to mod compared to all the past V6's.
Your rear is a 8.8, good. Add a 3.73 and ensure it has a posi. CIA, SCT 93 octane tune, and I wonder if Long Tubes would go into it easy? For the X/H pipe go with a MAC Pro Chamber, it was made to make a V6 sound better. The more you spend on the mufflers the less chance of a drone. Id stick with FRPP because they engineered their mufflers for their cars. Then build the suspension, then the driveline and brakes if your cash holds out.
I've dropped 10K in mine and I'm not even half-way finished.
Can't run long tubes or an o/r x-pipe in my state due to emissions.

However gears are definitely on the list.

Also don't have 93 octane here, but its high altitude so 91 tune should be fine.

Does a CAI offer better performance, or just noise?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 AM
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

My friend just picked up an 07 v6, and he loves it. He drives that thing like he stole it everywhere, there's no reason to hate on it, although I would do some baaaadd things to be able to afford a 5.0 haha. But hey 3-5 years from now when I'm through with school and have a real job, I can buy a new mustang! until then, be proud of your car man. Most people our age either drive a 90's economy car, a beat up pickup, or the heel toe express haha. And I have people ask why I need a V8 muscle car, when I could have picked up a camry or civic. I say because I F***ING CAN! then I do burn outs
Old 07-19-2013, 01:15 AM
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
Can't run long tubes or an o/r x-pipe in my state due to emissions.

However gears are definitely on the list.

Also don't have 93 octane here, but its high altitude so 91 tune should be fine.

Does a CAI offer better performance, or just noise?
with a tuner supposedly up to 20 rwhp can be made with a cai. Catless is illegal in my state too but I'm either gonna do highflow cats or switch whenever instection rolls around (not if I have long tubes, if I have an offroad midpipe!)
Old 07-19-2013, 01:17 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by YoungBlood
with a tuner supposedly up to 20 rwhp can be made with a cai. Catless is illegal in my state too but I'm either gonna do highflow cats or switch whenever instection rolls around (not if I have long tubes, if I have an offroad midpipe!)
I'm also worried about a tune vs warranty but thats another story
Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 AM
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
I'm also worried about a tune vs warranty but thats another story
that's true... gears won't void it if it's installed by the factory and those will be a real fun mod, and probably make it faster than a tune would

Quick Reply: Just ordered 2014