Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension: Aftermarket vs Stock

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:38 AM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Default Suspension: Aftermarket vs Stock

So after having my 2013 Performance Package mustang for a few weeks, lowering her has definitely been in the picture. I love the way a lowered car looks; makes the biggest difference, performance wise, as well as appearance wise, especially this day in age. As you may know, the Performance Package comes with front and rear sways, strut tower brace, upgraded brakes and springs, 19inch 255 pirelli tires, etc etc (relating to suspension)
I absolutely love the way my car drives and feels. On long road trips my girlfriend can actually sleep if she wants since pot holes and bumps in the road are absorbed so well. So heres my debate.
My previous car was an 07 pony package mustang, I had 18 inch gt takeoff wheels and eibach lowering springs on struts at 70k miles. It cornered decently but after the springs broke in, the comfort in the ride was definitely sacrificed.
I want to put springs on my PP mustang but don't want to sacrifice the ride quality. I know that upgraded struts with springs would be a big help, and I'd dream of coilovers. But those are out of the question.
So what can you suggest? I was considering takeoff suspension from a boss or gt500, but its pretty much at the same height as my sixxer. So what can you recommend for a daily driver who loves comfort but still loves to get tight in the corners?
Thanks everyone.

Last edited by JayBeStangs94; 07-21-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:33 PM
cariacou
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94
So after having my 2013 Performance Package mustang for a few weeks, lowering her has definitely been in the picture. I love the way a lowered car looks; makes the biggest difference, performance wise, as well as appearance wise, especially this day in age. As you may know, the Performance Package comes with front and rear sways, strut tower brace, upgraded brakes and springs, 19inch 255 pirelli tires, etc etc (relating to suspension)
I absolutely love the way my car drives and feels. On long road trips my girlfriend can actually sleep if she wants since pot holes and bumps in the road are absorbed so well. So heres my debate.
My previous car was an 07 pony package mustang, I had 18 inch gt takeoff wheels and eibach lowering springs on struts at 70k miles. It cornered decently but after the springs broke in, the comfort in the ride was definitely sacrificed.
I want to put springs on my PP mustang but don't want to sacrifice the ride quality. I know that upgraded struts with springs would be a big help, and I'd dream of coilovers. But those are out of the question.
So what can you suggest? I was considering takeoff suspension from a boss or gt500, but its pretty much at the same height as my sixxer. So what can you recommend for a daily driver who loves comfort but still loves to get tight in the corners?
Thanks everyone.

which eibachs did you have ?
I have eibachs pros & konits STRt on my 2011 and love it. it's a dd
Old 07-21-2013, 05:10 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cariacou
which eibachs did you have ?
I have eibachs pros & konits STRt on my 2011 and love it. it's a dd
they were the eibach pro kit
Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

i have the FRPP-P springs. drops about an inch to 1.25 inches. and keeps the ride quality. Love 'em
Old 07-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Jay, Stock Suspension gave me these numbers
Name:  Phonepics063.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  249.9 KB
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

hmmm I find it interesting you think the 2013 rides smooth. When my 2013 GT was running stock springs it was decent not to bad feel a lot of the road. My wives 2013 V6 rides a lot smoother feels like a different car. Suspensions different between the two cars but that's a given.

I have the EiBach pro springs on my GT now it does ride a bit rough. But I would do it over again I like the rougher feel to the handling makes me more connected to the road. It improved the cars handing a lot it use to float and follow ruts in the roads. That was reduced a lot after lowering, after my lowering things got a bit out of handing with the suspension but ill tell you what this thing sticks to corners like its glued to the ground. Can scream around those 45 mile an hour on ramps at 60mph its a beautiful thing but yes rides a bit stiff. But it's meant to be a performance machine I don't want comfort I want shear muscle car performance.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:01 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I recommend Eibach Pros with Konis. That's what I'm running and the little bit of ride quality you sacrifice is MORE than made up for with looks and performance.