Not Getting answers from Ford - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #11  
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisappointedGT View Post
Hey Deysha,

The two issues i am having the first I thought the Gt premium gauges were standard in the GT base and the premium. But doing research in the last few days I found that to not be true. i asked the dealership if they could change my GT base gauges to the premium and they give me a BS answer. Is this possible to do? The other one is recaro seats. I did not see that to be an option when I ordered the car. I what them to get the factory recaro seats and switch them with my seats. I did not get an answer for that yet. I know there are ford racing recaro seats but i what the ones that are factory recaro seats with just recaro logo on them.

Thanks
Swapping the instrument panels is not something we recommend and not everything will work as designed, DisappointedGT. This is more than likely why your dealer is hesitant. Regarding the RECARO seats, they are not available as an aftermarket install. You can only get them factory installed.

Deysha
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #12  
potman
3rd Gear Member

Yea, Ford is very specific about what they will and will not put on certain models. I tried for different things before I bought mine. I concluded that they wanted to carefully define the styles and grades with no blurred lines. Upon consideration, that ends up benefitting the consumer.

Like you though, the dealer's sales manager hemmed and hawed and wouldn't give me a straight answer about the things I wanted changed. A simple "No we can't do that" would have been better than all the evasive crap as I ended up going to another dealer to buy the car.

(although I wasn't impressed with the sales staff at my local dealer*, their service department is nothing short of stellar, and that's much more important).

* they are the only show in town so they don't have to try.....

Last edited by potman; 09-26-2013 at 09:25 AM.
potman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #13  
NTO_GUY
Former Sponsor

Signing the hand written paper with your pricing is not binding. They want it as a guarantee that you will purchase the car if they agree to the price as well. I used this all the time when selling cars. It gives that "stuck in" feeling, but is not actionable if you decide to get up and walk out. If you were serious on buying the car, after you signed and they agree to the price. You would have went back to see the financing manager to go through all the legal paper work. There you have signed a binding contract. They are not going to order and customer built car for you unless all that paper work is finished. Even after you sign these papers they still won't go after you if you decide to back out. One it costs them money to go after you, two its easier to make a sale on a new customer.
NTO_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote