MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/714929-2014-v6-3rd-to-2nd-gear-grind.html)

MustangInTexas 11-15-2014 06:45 AM

I've not really done that so I'll try to remember to give it a shot. You might want to talk with Ford, as Deysha suggested.

PNYXPRESS 11-15-2014 04:52 PM

With the clutch depressed fully you should be able to shift from gear to gear up and down with out grinding at any rpm.

If there is any grinding noise then there is an issue inside the trans (probably broken syncro teeth), slave cylinder is bad, air in clutch line, or the clutch pressure plate is weak and not fully disengaging the clutch.

iamzatch 11-15-2014 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas (Post 8442935)
I've not really done that so I'll try to remember to give it a shot. You might want to talk with Ford, as Deysha suggested.

Sorry guys I should have said..

I've got an appointment with Ford 8am on Monady morning, I actually PMed Deysha when I made this post. It seems she replied first before reading her PMs so I definitely am going down the right track.

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS (Post 8443010)
With the clutch depressed fully you should be able to shift from gear to gear up and down with out grinding at any rpm.

If there is any grinding noise then there is an issue inside the trans (probably broken syncro teeth), slave cylinder is bad, air in clutch line, or the clutch pressure plate is weak and not fully disengaging the clutch.

Excellent to hear, Excellent! I am hopeful to have the issue addressed Monday morning then. :icon_hyper:

MustangInTexas 11-16-2014 05:21 AM

OK, I tried this while I was out yesterday. Cruising along I depressed the clutch. From there I was able to put the shifter into any gear. 5th to 2nd even, no problem (while leaving the clutch depressed). Let us know what Ford says.

FordService 11-17-2014 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas (Post 8442935)

Thank you for the mention, MustangInTexas!

Originally Posted by iamzatch (Post 8443083)
Sorry guys I should have said..

I've got an appointment with Ford 8am on Monady morning, I actually PMed Deysha when I made this post. It seems she replied first before reading her PMs so I definitely am going down the right track.

I sent you a response last week, iamzatch.

Deysha

iamzatch 11-17-2014 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by FordService (Post 8443387)
Thank you for the mention, MustangInTexas!

I sent you a response last week, iamzatch.

Deysha

Hi Deysha!

Yes I got it thank you so much for yor reply. I am leaving for my appointment now I will update you guys when I get back.

FordService 11-17-2014 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by iamzatch (Post 8443392)
Hi Deysha!

Yes I got it thank you so much for yor reply. I am leaving for my appointment now I will update you guys when I get back.

Awesome! Thanks, iamzatch!

Deysha

iamzatch 11-17-2014 10:26 AM

The car is at the dealer. I downshifted from 3rd to 2nd and the gearbox grinded like crazy with the tech in the car and he was like "Oh yeah thats a problem" so they're going to provide me an update today we shall we what happens.

PNYXPRESS 11-17-2014 12:05 PM

Make sure they give you a loaner that is comparable to the mustang. When I took my GT in for warranty work they tried to give me a minivan at first. I told them, not gonna happen and ended up with a focus with was actually a fun little car to drive.

iamzatch 11-17-2014 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS (Post 8443445)
Make sure they give you a loaner that is comparable to the mustang. When I took my GT in for warranty work they tried to give me a minivan at first. I told them, not gonna happen and ended up with a focus with was actually a fun little car to drive.

They said they don't do loaners. Should I push for this?

I can't rent a rental car because I'm under 25 unfortunately, do these laws apply to loaners from dealers too?