Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable panhard bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Default adjustable panhard bar

ok my car isnt lowered but the driverside wheel still sticks out a bit.

i want a good quality adjustable ph bar...the one i fitted to my 2005 was not as good as i expected.
now the thing that worries me is the standard ford one has large landing points that grab onto the holders on the body..the one i bought had nothing but the tube the bolt went through..now surely the bar should have a large landing sleeve as fitted to the original..
the only one i have found has metal bushings...is that gonna make the ride noisy and clunky?
or deos anyone know of a plastic bushed one that has proper landing points that ancors the body properly.

when i fitted an adjustable ph bar to my 2005 it made the car handle much better with less body shake over bumpy roads.

this is the one i'm thinking of
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261044383392

i asked the seller and he confirmed what i have said about a proper landing point.
cheers in advance ole phucker
Old 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Here is our unit ... which is an updated & fantastic design:

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-adjusta...ar-555-2551-a/

Here is what some of our customers are saying:

This bar is excellent! Easy to install - even easier to adjust and bring your wheels/tires to center and like all Steeda products, it looks GREAT!
I'm slowly overhauling the suspension on my 2011 GT and needed a panhard bar and brace, I went with Steeda and was not disappointed. Install was a breeze, it is also very easy to see how superior this product is compared to the OEM counterparts. The rear end feels more stable. Highly recommended to anyone looking to upgrade their suspension.
Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 04-17-2015, 01:02 PM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
ok my car isnt lowered but the driverside wheel still sticks out a bit.

i want a good quality adjustable ph bar...the one i fitted to my 2005 was not as good as i expected.
now the thing that worries me is the standard ford one has large landing points that grab onto the holders on the body..the one i bought had nothing but the tube the bolt went through..now surely the bar should have a large landing sleeve as fitted to the original..
the only one i have found has metal bushings...is that gonna make the ride noisy and clunky?
or deos anyone know of a plastic bushed one that has proper landing points that ancors the body properly.

when i fitted an adjustable ph bar to my 2005 it made the car handle much better with less body shake over bumpy roads.

this is the one i'm thinking of
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261044383392

i asked the seller and he confirmed what i have said about a proper landing point.
cheers in advance ole phucker
The bar that you linked to has spherical bushings. Yes, they will increase road noise and vibration because they are much stiffer than rubber (stock) and urethane bushings. I would go with a panhard bar with a urethane bushing, and make sure the adjustment nut is on the bottom side of the bar when installed to make it easy to adjust. I'm not sure what you mean by "landing sleeve", but hope that helps some.