Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 GT DYNO RUN

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 01:17 PM
airfoil
I ♥ Acer

Default 2005 GT DYNO RUN

The car has basically everything you can do including porting and polishing heads, intake, changed valve springs.
Crank the sound up. Its 16lbs. boost on VP103 fuel at 595hp to the wheels, 7,200 rpm. . Clip is I think 4 meg.

Mustang Dyno

This is the car.

Hope you like
Old 10-22-2005, 01:33 PM
nitrojunkee
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 GT DYNO RUN

Sick ride Airfoil !!!!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:17 PM
airfoil
I ♥ Acer

Thanks Buddy. Most around here drive Vet's not me. Have you seen Vortech's ad where they ran the car at 575hp in a contest and it ran 192mph.

I Love it I can go 190mph and haul 3 girls to boot! Lets see the Vet guys do that. I have dumped some serious cash in this machine though. I told FC Customs I don't want to be beat. I have about $50,000 in the car but it could race and has road coarse raced a few times and won against C6's.
Gotta Love that.

Thanks
John
Old 10-22-2005, 08:20 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

yeah you dont need me to tell you that that car is the shiznizzle fo rizzle

190 insane! Take a video for us?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:37 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

what are you using to boost fuel and take care of the maf issues?
Old 10-23-2005, 04:35 AM
blowerX

lol you honestly think he is going to give hints to hit the same WHP, if it was me i would but most people arent as nice as me...
Old 10-23-2005, 12:10 PM
airfoil
I ♥ Acer

I will tell you what I know. I'm a helicopter pilot without a lot of spare time but I'm also a mechanic. That doesn't mean much any more with the computer systems.

First thing is you need to cut a hole which your airfilter is in the back needs to be in the front with fresh air. We duct fresh air to the filter. FC Customs worked for days trying
to figure out why the car would drop off at 6,000rpm. I posted this before but that trick was old school. Pull the plugs and cut the U shape in half so it looks like a normal spark plug then regap at 30. normal gap was 65 and the boost just blows it out. The car had flow test ran on everything. They built custom 2" stainless headers then to an X pipe.

I have a chance in a week to run it on a runway so we will know what it will do. Needs to go back over first I have a engine light on from over fueling at 7,000rpm. What do you mean boost fuel? The car has dual pumps one on each rail and of course the injectors and rails havebeen changed as well as the ECU.

Any help I can give I will be glad to. Ask away I will try to answer any question. Keep in mind they had my car for 7 days on the dyno to get the perfect tune. I'm sending the Tune to diablo and going to ask them to list it for Vortech owners to download. That tune cost me $3400.00 but the car nails it.

John
Old 10-23-2005, 01:28 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: airfoil

I will tell you what I know. I'm a helicopter pilot without a lot of spare time but I'm also a mechanic. That doesn't mean much any more with the computer systems.

First thing is you need to cut a hole which your airfilter is in the back needs to be in the front with fresh air. We duct fresh air to the filter. FC Customs worked for days trying
to figure out why the car would drop off at 6,000rpm. I posted this before but that trick was old school. Pull the plugs and cut the U shape in half so it looks like a normal spark plug then regap at 30. normal gap was 65 and the boost just blows it out. The car had flow test ran on everything. They built custom 2" stainless headers then to an X pipe.

I have a chance in a week to run it on a runway so we will know what it will do. Needs to go back over first I have a engine light on from over fueling at 7,000rpm. What do you mean boost fuel? The car has dual pumps one on each rail and of course the injectors and rails havebeen changed as well as the ECU.

Any help I can give I will be glad to. Ask away I will try to answer any question. Keep in mind they had my car for 7 days on the dyno to get the perfect tune. I'm sending the Tune to diablo and going to ask them to list it for Vortech owners to download. That tune cost me $3400.00 but the car nails it.

John
I figured you were a pilot of some sort.....that is why you want your car to go fast fast fast eh?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:53 PM
airfoil
I ♥ Acer

My car out runs my Heli and Arrow Cher. plane! Seems wrong but true.

Drove the car today. When you punch it at 10mph instant 7,200 rpm then second and your sliding sideways for about 100ft then 3rd hits hard and I me hard but your going straight.
Ford did a good Job. Wish they built it just like this ready to go!

John
Old 10-23-2005, 07:37 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

cmon PLEASE make a video of this....I am dying to see. and a good video, not like a 5 second clip and by video i mean of it running

do you fly rc choppers?

Quick Reply: 2005 GT DYNO RUN