Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper power/blower motor fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Bkleinkn

Default Wiper power/blower motor fuse keeps blowing

I disconnected my wiper control arm as it was malfunctioning and I was waiting on the replacement. Everything was fine for two days, with it disconnected, but then one day the climate control blowers stopped blowing. I checked fuse #3 and it was fried.

I left it until I received the new wiper control arm. I connected the wiper control arm, put in a new fuse, turned the car on, and the fuse blew instantly.

I tried again, same result.

I disconnected the wiper control arm, put a new fuse in, turned the car on, and the fuse blew again immediately.

Logic says there is a short somewhere in one of the wires that connects to the wiper control arm (maybe I pulled too hard?). But I guess I can't rule out an unrelated issue with the blowers.

How can I determine if the issue is with the wipers or the blowers? Since they are I the same fuse.

2007 V6 Mustang
Old 02-01-2016, 09:37 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

You must start by disconnecting every item on that circuit. Then plug each one in, one by one, until the fuse blows. Once it blows, you then know which section of the wiring harness to inspect every inch of. Odds are, the wiring has rubbed on a metal edge until it rubbed through. Simply tape over the bad spot with electrical tape and put some plastic loom around it to keep it from happening again.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:12 AM
inspector042

Default blown fuse

Originally Posted by Bkleinkn
I disconnected my wiper control arm as it was malfunctioning and I was waiting on the replacement. Everything was fine for two days, with it disconnected, but then one day the climate control blowers stopped blowing. I checked fuse #3 and it was fried.

I left it until I received the new wiper control arm. I connected the wiper control arm, put in a new fuse, turned the car on, and the fuse blew instantly.

I tried again, same result.

I disconnected the wiper control arm, put a new fuse in, turned the car on, and the fuse blew again immediately.

Logic says there is a short somewhere in one of the wires that connects to the wiper control arm (maybe I pulled too hard?). But I guess I can't rule out an unrelated issue with the blowers.

How can I determine if the issue is with the wipers or the blowers? Since they are I the same fuse.

2007 V6 Mustang
Did you ever resolve this issue and if so what did you discover? i am dealing with the exact same condition .... thank you for any advice