Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base Mustang Seat Replacement Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 01:04 PM
deltafool117
1st Gear Member

Default Base Mustang Seat Replacement Advice?

I am looking at a very reasonably priced 14' base mustang and just upgrading the things on it that I want to upgrade (stereo and seats). I know I'm not going to want to keep the cloth seats.

I can find sets of leather power seats online for a reasonable price but I don't know how involved or expensive an install is. Are there better options then 14 gt power leather seats? I really want more comfortable seats, preferably leather or Vinyl.

I'm trying to get a good gist of how much I'm going to need to spend to make it how I want, so when I haggle the car, I know what I"m shooting for.

Anyway, some advice would be great. I'm a small gearhead (with plenty of tools) and don't mind doing some of my own work depending on difficulty.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:22 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

As long as you have a black interior there are tons of options out there. All other colors, good luck. Mine is Beige and it has been hell finding good seats.

Also, the airbag light will come on and stay on, mostly because of the occupancy sensor on the passenger seat. I haven't figured out a way to turn it off yet.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:19 PM
artsvettes73
2nd Gear Member

You couldn't give me leather seats as a gift. They look good for a very short time, and by time they get comfortable they are wore out. Just my OP.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:34 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

https://www.leatherseats.com/home/

there are other sites as well where you can get the kits
Old 07-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Coosawjack
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by artsvettes73
You couldn't give me leather seats as a gift. They look good for a very short time, and by time they get comfortable they are wore out. Just my OP.
^^^This has been my experience too!!
Old 07-24-2017, 08:51 PM
bud636
1st Gear Member

Look underneath the seat & The yellow plug is for the airbag. You can bypass it there
Old 07-25-2017, 01:27 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Black leather seats and an all black interior are exactly what you need if you live in a very hot climate.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:11 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
Black leather seats and an all black interior are exactly what you need if you live in a very hot climate.
Honestly, I'd rather roast on a black interior than deal with this beige interior. It's hell trying to keep it clean and then like I said before, all the cool stuff comes in black only: Gauge pods, seats, illuminated door sills, etc. As far as the leather issue, the car only has two leather pieces per front seat. Everything else is vinyl and the leather gets ugly fast, especially the beige. Mine looked like crap before I got tired of holding on for dear life on the track and got chinese buckets in beige off Summit Racing. They are surprisingly good considering they are no brand manual buckets.

About the airbag light. My issue isn't with the seat airbags (my car had no seat airbags) but rather the stupid bladder thing under the passenger seat that tells the car if someone is sitting on it. I tried moving it to the new bucket and used the VCM II to re calibrate and still didn't work.