Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Mustang first gear stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 06:17 PM
ms378

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
Well, you still have a crap load of communications errors that the ECM is seeing from
all those other modules. I would surmise that the body control module would be the
next item to look at.

B00A0 - Occupant Classification System
B1280 - Servo Motor Potentiometer Coolair Circuit Failure
U0151 - Lost Communication With Restraints Control Module (RCM)
U0401 - Invalid Data Received From ECM/PCM "A" - A dead/weak battery ECM problems, A problem with the CAN bus.
U0423 - Invalid Data Received From Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module
U0155 - Lost Communication With Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module
U1000 - Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id - In the case of Ford & Jaguar vehicles, it simply means that the OBD-II monitor testing is not complete.

You have four instances of U0423

What you do NOT have, is U0101, which is a Lost Communications with TCM (Trans control module).
The speed sensor one is going to cause the shifting issues.

These can all also be due to a short somewhere along the CAN bus, open harness,
short at the harness. If excessive water got into the engine compartment, it could
short out the CAN bus. BCM or DASH module could be bad...

A weak car battery can also cause these issues, it's been known to happen. Doesn't
matter that it's being charged by the alternator. For some reason, a bad battery can
cause ALL these kinds problems.
thanks for replying again!
Appreciate!
i will ask dealer to check those stupid module again! I hope it’s battery issue because it’s the cheapest part compared with other module lol
Old 03-28-2018, 02:18 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Codes weren't available when I made my comment about low fluid. Yeah, those codes are something else entirely.

Not likely due to the number of codes but, A malfunctioning alternator (bad diodes) can create a bad electrical waveform which acts as interference to the sensitive electronics of cars these days.

05-08 mustangs had this issue with their alternators where an otherwise properly functioning charging system interfered with the Crank Angle sensor signal and caused a false sensor code to pop up in the PCM and trip the CEL.

Have your dealer perform a charging system diagnostic where they check the alternator's waveform. It's the same diagnostic they run when they replace a car battery under warranty at their shop. That same equipment should also help them find any type of voltage leak present in the system which would be a short.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:14 PM
ms378

the problem happens more often than before. finally the check engine light turned on today. i will take it in tomorrow
Old 04-03-2018, 04:31 PM
ms378

hi, i got some updates.
the problem came more often than before.
at the first, when you press the gas pedal, the car can't go fast, but when you release the gas pedal it will go fast suddenly.
then all the lights on dashboard will turn on.
two days ago, the Check engine light turned on, i took it to dealer yesterday.
Finally,,, they thought the leadframe failed.( ford just extended the warranty for this part) so they replaced it.
i'm not sure if it works.
i will keep updating this post.