Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raptor Mustang Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 10:24 AM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

Finally got the grill letters in from somewhere in China. Hope it didn’t bring the corona virus with it. Only took like 2 months so hopefully it’s good.

anyways, got them mounted up along with the lights.
Still need to wire them But I’m pretty stoked on how it came out.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:38 PM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

Old 03-19-2020, 01:47 PM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

Time for the rear. Wanted to match it to the rear of a raptor. Came up with some ideas but too much for me to do so I reached out to a friend who does machine and printing work and he’s going to 3D print me a new trunk piece. Here is the rough concept

Old 03-20-2020, 06:26 PM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

LIFT LIFT LIFT

FINALLY!!!!!
So I went to two local offroad shops for questions on lifting it. The first shop was super down to help me look into what all is out there but said It would take a lot more than what I had budgeted because they said it would throw off all the other suspension. The second shop said I should just buy a donk kit and run with it but that the stock suspension could handle 2-3” which was all I needed to hear.
so I went back to my original plan of explorer lift and I went to every parts store around but nobody could give me stud measurements. Then I had a bright idea. Call the lift company. TRAXDA. And they gave me exact measurements. DING DING DING. They got back to me fast and with the measurements I needed. So, lift will be coming soon.

Old 03-23-2020, 04:12 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

looking good!
Old 03-23-2020, 04:35 PM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

This quarantine is ****ing ridiculous. Been spending quite some time working on the car. Waiting for the lift. Got the bumper closer to the body. Found out I’ve got a seized up rear caliper when I was changing the non existent brake pads so that’s gonna cost me some change, cause might as well do all 4 while I’m doing it.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:35 PM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

Bumper mounting is done. Used the old support bar and got it mounted in for solid support and then added 2 turn buckles on each side to pull the bumper into where I want it. Lots of support, not going anywhere. Fits the body a helluva lot better. Just need some flares to tie it all together.
working on putting the stock fog lights back in and filling the void in the rest of the lower corners. Any suggestions?

Also found inserts for the tube to finish my roof rack full basket. Want to find some tool mounts and just put them over where the two meet since I don’t currently have a welder to make them look nice.

waiting on brakes and lift to show up. Might be a while cause of the current virus situation
Old 03-25-2020, 07:00 PM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

Cut up the lower grill from the stock bumper and used it to fill in the side. Fit perfectly cut in half and the holes are even placed in the right spots for the lights

Old 03-28-2020, 01:07 PM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

Old 03-29-2020, 06:14 PM
RaptorMustang14
1st Gear Member

New brakes from Callahan auto parts. Thanks Tommy Boy (; got the skid plate “mounted”. (Zip ties for days) Still waiting on the lift kit. Think I ordered the v8 brakes though cause the front brakes rub in several places. Got a set of 1” spacers ordered. Not a fan of spacers but it’s cheaper than new wheels for now.

Quick Reply: Raptor Mustang Build