Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini review (More parts came in )

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default Mini review (More parts came in )

This is just my own opinion and for the new guys out there.

All parts are from SS Inserts

Louvers SS Inserts
DashKit 05XB-MUSTG-SN
Billet A/C *****
Chrome Taillight Bezel
8' Antenna

Ok I will start with the louvers, I couldn't decide first I was going with MRT, then it was Roush, then it was SS inserts then back to MRT. I looked at a lot of pictures of older Mustangs and 05-06's and finally decided it was SS Inserts. They came in they were black (going to have them painted) quality looks good and happy with my decision on these. . I just mocked they up to the car to get an ideal (you can see out them from in the car) and they look good I think I could go either way with louvers or no louvers I am 50/50 right now haven't decided yet. (UPDATE)Decided not to go with louvers

Chrome Taillight bezels no doubt about it they are going back not for me.

8" black antenna cool I like it. (UPDATE) going back reception is really bad

Dashkit This is the one in satin silver for IUP. This rocks no doubt a keeper this should be a mandatory (IMO) with the IUP makes the int/console look nice/richer. they give a extra radio face cover he he they must know about the skipper 500/1000 that was nice. I paid $225.00 for this kit and PW posted (after it was shipped) a site that has the same exact kit for like $145.00.

Caution if anyone gets this kit I would not use the adhesion promoter it comes with it will ruin your dash if you decide to remove the kit in the future. I was going to go with a different kit because it said no adhesion promoter needed but didn't say in the ad it matches the IUP like SS inserts said. So I called the manufacture of the SS Inserts dashkit (WoodView) and they said you do not need to use the adhesion promoter. I didn't know whether to believe them so ordered the kit from from SS anyway and they were right the 3m tape holds very strong.

A/C ***** with green leds reflect Very nice compliments the chrome air duck bezels and goes with the dashkit even look exec when I tried them before I put the kit in.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mini review (More parts came in )

very nice, what pedal covers did u go with
Old 11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

That, and which ***** did you get satin silver or bullit? I cant tell from the pic. The silver seems to run about 20 bucks less than the bullit.

And you better come out to our next little get together now that I know your in illinois!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

very nice, what pedal covers did u go with
Thanks Torch

I keep seeing these pedal covers at my auto parts store for $20.00 but would never get them because the price was to low figured they were cheap would come loose fall off etc. So one day I am there see them again thinking I will just try them and if I don't like just returned them but guess what they are really nice they on there tight the way they attach haven't come loose at all keeper.

They are RedLines from Auto Zone.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:16 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Can we get a frickin billitt **** for the headlights or what
Are there black taillight outlines out?
Old 11-01-2005, 08:28 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Stoenr
That, and which ***** did you get satin silver or bullit? I cant tell from the pic. The silver seems to run about 20 bucks less than the bullit.
Stoenr They are the Billetpro from SS, I open my box of parts from SS and look at the A/C ***** and said oh man I thought I ordered the satin finish( these were high polish) or they sent me the wrong ones. I was disappointed but BIG BUT when I went to try them in the car without the dashkit installed guess what BIG GRIN they look great no way I am sending these back. Like I said even with or without the dashkit they look GREAT and because they compliment the chrome air duck bezel they look great.

The ***** are high polish but look chrome, in SS Inserts picture they look like a satin finish but they are not I highly recommend these.

And you better come out to our next little get together now that I know your in illinois!
Definitely just give more than one days notice next time.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:42 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Andyman
Can we get a frickin billitt **** for the headlights or what
I read the above (Headlight ****? Idon't think I need that) I get up from my computer go out to garage open my drivers side door look at the light switch of OH YES that would look good never tought of that. I will keep my eyes open haven;t seen one yet.

Are there black taillight outlines out?
I believe there are.
I ordered chrome because I felt the the back just needs a little something but the decal did that for me, even if I didn't have decal those Chome Taillight bezels would be going back trust me.

Andyman your car sounds awesome with those Borla, I put a set of Borla on a 95 Vette I had nowhere near the sound of you car I was dissapointed right after I installed them and started it the car first time. If mine would have sounded like yours I had grin from ear to ear.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:02 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Starting the engine when it's cold is my favorite...it's just like vaaaaaarROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM

probably wakes up the neighborhood
Old 11-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Stoenr
Stoenr They are the Billetpro from SS, I open my box of parts from SS and look at the A/C ***** and said oh man I thought I ordered the satin finish( these were high polish) or they sent me the wrong ones. I was disappointed but BIG BUT when I went to try them in the car without the dashkit installed guess what BIG GRIN they look great no way I am sending these back. Like I said even with or without the dashkit they look GREAT and because they compliment the chrome air duck bezel they look great.

The ***** are high polish but look chrome, in SS Inserts picture they look like a satin finish but they are not I highly recommend these.

Definitely just give more than one days notice next time.

Haha, yeah Ill give more notice. I want to see that interior in person!
Thanks for the great write up, Im sure all of us appreciate that.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:43 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

they have black tailight outlines on e-bay, arent they already black?

Quick Reply: Mini review (More parts came in )