Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess I need Someone to help me Cope with the Pain

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Default Guess I need Someone to help me Cope with the Pain

Well, I guess the inevitable has happened. Every 16 year old gets in an accident at least once. Sad to say, Last night at 12:00, coming back from a halloween party, I was attempting to put the car into the garage in pouring rain, and bad visibility. Well long story short, cut the turn into garage too close, and rubbed part of the wood/paint on my rear left fendor. Freaking out from hearing the "squeek" noise of it, I instantly put it into reverse and tryied to back it off the wall, and not looking took off my driver side mirror on the garage door. So now I'm having my mirror replaced by ford, and the scratch in the side of the car, well its the real thing I'm worrying about. We've managed to get most of it off with wax, and rubbing it, but theres still a pretty obvious white line. Its not really a scratch more of like a paint rub off from the garage door frame. We are gonna buff it tomarrow and get some rubbing compound to try and get the rest off. Any ideas anyone, I dont think I've been more upset ever in my life.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:39 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Guess I need Someone to help me Cope with the Pain

How are you 16 with a mustang....all i had was a low level job at mcdonalds when i was 16.

Maybe those clay bars will work? I've never used one, but detailers do.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:44 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Is now a good time to think about not partying and driving?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:26 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andyman
How are you 16 with a mustang....all i had was a low level job at mcdonalds when i was 16.
I gave up trying to understand how kids get expensive cars (and the money to throw into modifying them).

I'm more interested in his quest for 350+ HP when he still can't handle rain and garages.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Come on guys - -- relax on the envy.... Just because you didn't have a "nice" car when you were 16 doesn't mean he can't!

I had a Junker car.. but I would have done fine with a new car - - I treated my junker like a new car and drove it very carful.

Now... I feel for you Stang Thang - - it sucks when we booger our cars - - even more over some silly stupid mistake we make on our own. I was working on my "Scarlette" and forgot to close the bottom drawer on my tool box which sits on the side of my parking space in the garage. It started raining so in a hurry I wasn't paying enough attention and pulled my car into the garage.. *WAM* I hear as the front of my car caught the edge of the toolbox, gouging a place in my right fender and screwing up the front of the toolbox drawer.. I was VERY sad!

Stang Thang - - - if the damage is bad enough, you most likely will have to take it to a body shop for repair. They can do wonderous things with airbrush fix's where only the paint is dammaged.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, these kids today with their hip-hop videos and their polaroid cameras... No respect!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I had 2 jobs when I was 16, affording a Mustang would have been no problem. But I drove the hand me down and spent my money on partying lol.

Someone mentioned a claybar, That might help. Or you yourself mentioned rubbing compound, try that, but be carefull. Let us know how it comes out. Good Luck

I have hit the garage in both my houses, dont feel bad. Mirrors usually, But there was the one time it was starting to rain and i was waxing it, didnt have the keys, so popped in in nuetral, and was pushing back into garage and drivers door while open just caught the edge of garage putting a small dent in the edge of the door. Both garages were a pain to get into with a zig zag required to pull in, sounds like yours may be the same.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Don't feel too bad. I total'd the family car 2 days after I got my license on my 16th BD.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Doh! I think you have us all beat.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

When I was 16, I was helping me mum with her Jaguar in the garage.
I can't remember if it was Neutral to Park or Park to Neutral, but I had
to slide it past "D". Not knowing much at the time, without sitting in the
car and pressing the break, I leaned over the seat and tried throwing
it into park/neutral. Well, it stuck in Drive and SMASHED the all steel
filing cabinet! Stupid automatic cars and their "idling speed" It's much
faster than I ever realized.

Somehow the Jag was ok.

Quick Reply: Guess I need Someone to help me Cope with the Pain