Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets talk price....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 08:22 PM
trey929
2nd Gear Member

Default Lets talk price....

First of all i want to say how jealous i am of all you guys who got their hands on one of the new mustangs. I soooo love these cars!

So my question is can i walk out of a dealership with a GT for unde 30k? I'm not being cheap but just don't make a ton of money but I do have a 03 maxima which i'm gonna sell outright and should still get some decent money for.
I'm not looking for all the extras just mostly the v8 and leather. I'm from the chicago area.

any input would be great.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:38 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Lets talk price....

Yes you can do that, just gotta shop around and be stubborn. Make sure you have your numbers with you.....salesman seem to hate being the ones receiving the numbers.

As for the leather goes, you should know that the only parts that are leather are the center sections of the 2 fron seats, on the part where you sit. everything else is vinyl, but it still looks nice.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:41 PM
trey929
2nd Gear Member

wow so the whole seat isn't leather? I didn't know that. Is that even worth it?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:14 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the bare boned GTs around my area are going for about 26k
Old 11-05-2005, 10:33 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andyman

Yes you can do that, just gotta shop around and be stubborn. Make sure you have your numbers with you.....salesman seem to hate being the ones receiving the numbers.

As for the leather goes, you should know that the only parts that are leather are the center sections of the 2 fron seats, on the part where you sit. everything else is vinyl, but it still looks nice.
I didnt order mine with leather for the reason that is seemed cheap to me. I didnt know it was vinyl too. I plan on ordering some leather from katzkin. Thats some nice leather.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:38 PM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

Start by using the ford website and the "search dealer inventory" on the build and price your mustang page. Then decide which southern citys you are willing to travel to. (Dallas, Miami, Los Vegas, Houston, etc)
Use the USPS site for the area codes of the citys. After finding what you want, contact the fleet manager and see what he will do on price, remembering to say you are traveling a fair distance to make this purchase on the car.
My purchase came from a Ford dealer in Los Vegas 89107, the top one on the list. I did VERY well on price!! Greg
Old 11-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

does anyone have any pictures up close of what the cloth is like?
Old 11-05-2005, 11:06 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

trey Arlington Heights Ford on Dundee road see Jim Polera tell the guy with the Black Mustang from Cary he will know who I am. If you order one it will be sticker price aleast thats what they were going to give on a GT when I was deciding which to get.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:28 PM
trey929
2nd Gear Member

cool, now were getting somewhere, so if i did buy one now, i wouldn't get for a few months at least correct?
Old 11-05-2005, 11:41 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

They have a big allocation Trey they were getting them in (customer GT orders) in 6-7 weeks when I was ordering, since then I have read at Blue Oval Forum about a month ago there are shortages of certin parts manual trans one of the wheel options. I don't know if that is still the case and how Arlington Heights has been getting lately just talk to them they have been honest with me.

If you end up ordering make sure to tell the Jim you do not want them to prep the car if the following applies to you below.

If you do not want screws put in the front for license plate frame, dealer sticker on the back, I wouldn't want them to wash/wax to risky for scratches.

Quick Reply: Lets talk price....