Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen Body Kit.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:54 PM
enderokc

Default Saleen Body Kit.....

Last night I test drove a mustang GT for the first time, and I must say I came away VERY VERY IMPRESSED!!! my dealer also had a rousch and a saleen mustang on the showroom floor. and WOW is that saleen is HOT!!! but its WAY too expensive for what you get!! IMO but I did notice online that saleen sells the body kit for it. granted you have to get the exaust with it also, but what I dont know is if it comes painted or not?? does anybody know?? also does anybody have any pictures of a GT with just the Saleen body kit on it??

Old 11-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Rkbarnes82
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Body Kit.....

Yeah i put one on my GT. They do not come painted. I had a shop put it on and paint for me. From what i understood it was quite the pain in the ***. Some parts are kind of cheesy but overall it looks sick. Its pretty dirty right now im planning on washing it once the rain passes and i will post some pics for you.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:20 PM
enderokc

if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you total for the kit/paint/installation??
Old 11-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Rkbarnes82
1st Gear Member

i would have to look at my receipt if i still have it, i had it put on back in april. I think it was somewhere around $1000.00 for paint and install, including the exhaust. I need to get the gt emblems taken off and the holes plugged still. Im not trying to make it a saleen, it just looks funny with the gt emblems on and the big saleen thing on the bumper. I wish it didnt say saleen on bumper, i didnt bother puting the saleen emlems on the sides or the front.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:35 PM
enderokc

thats not too bad for paint and install. thanks for the reply, I look forward to seeing pictures of it one more thing, did you get the hood as well??
Old 11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Rkbarnes82
1st Gear Member

no didnt get the hood, ive had my eyes on the new cobra hood. Oh and Saleen will lag bigtime on the delivery or atleast they did when i got mine but mine was only the 5th ordered so that could be why. Dont know if your familiar with saleen or not but they have the absolute worst customer serivce of all time. There was an issue with the exhaust rattling and they would say they had a fix for it and would mail it to you but they never would. Its a pain just trying to talk to some one there. Anyways i just plugged the vacum hole up in the engine and it fixed the problem and made the exhaust alittle louder. There are a bunch of posts in the saleen section about it.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:01 PM
enderokc

thanks for the heads up
Old 11-10-2005, 05:21 PM
enderokc

Got any pictures yet?? I really would love to see your car!!!!! I bet its AWESOME!!!

besides the problem you have had with the exaust. how do you like the sound of it compared to the stock one?? and does it make any more HP, or is just a diffrent sound??
Old 11-13-2005, 10:45 PM
enderokc

bump
Old 11-14-2005, 12:11 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: enderokc

Got any pictures yet?? I really would love to see your car!!!!! I bet its AWESOME!!!

Quick Reply: Saleen Body Kit.....