Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of wax do you use on your stang

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:43 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what kind of wax do you use on your stang

Here is a link to the "how to" for using the claybar

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...C&Store_Code=Z

It's a lot ow work and does take a long time but the results are impressive and you don't have to do it very often as long as you keep the car clean.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Im surprised not more Zaino replies. That stuff is awesome, Ill never use anything else.
In the past I was a NuFinish guy, until I got a bottle that smelled like gasoline. Plus older formula, NuFinish is old stuff.
Then I switched to Zymol and thought that was great, but then was pointed towards Zaino. Great stuff!

JJ, does do a good job on Tungsten dont it! Except it sometimes is hard to see when applying wax where you applied already, lol
Old 11-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Ebein
1st Gear Member

Definately Zaino on the Stang. NXT for the Bonneville, truck and bike
Old 11-10-2005, 04:10 PM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

I buy my stuff from www.autogeek.net.

I know 2 people that have concour quality vehicles, one a 32 Maybach and the other a 35 boattail auburn speedster. Big money cars.

They have used, and continue to use Pinnacle/Klasse/Wolfgang products. They are top notch, period.

Clay is what it sounds like, clay. You use clay lube and run the clay over the surface, folding often til the surface is smooth and the clay will not stick.

Polish, Klasse all in one, is applied and then , after applying to a section immediately taken off. No waiting like with wax.

Klasse sealant is applied indoors if at all possible under cool conditions, apply to the entire car and leave it on overnight, or, 8-12 hours. Then remove like wax.

Pinnacle Souveran looks extremely good on black or red vehicles. After applying the klasse sealant, and then applying the souveran the paint will have a 3 dimensional quality, a very wet slick look where it actually looks like you can reach into the paint. The products are expensive though.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Ginstang
1st Gear Member

JJ STang..good information on the clay..thanks,,what about the seal and polish though...I am sorry for all these questions but I do ant my GT to be in GREAT shape and stay that way

That clay seems kind of difficult though but worth a try..

gin

[IMG]local://upfiles/21987/AF78C893A5B8411A8500E26FC3ADDB7D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Ginstang
1st Gear Member

ok texas stang..you clay then polish and the put the sealent on...and you do this every 8 mos??
My car has the clearcoat on it so I woudl think it would be protected??

Thanks for all the info..How would you like to come on over to SC and so this for me....lol

Gin

[IMG]local://upfiles/21987/C4B3D26C867946EAABEB1A0D0C583AA7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
STL_Atty
1st Gear Member

Zaino all the way. Clay barring is time consuming, but well worth it. it removes any contaminants from the surface, which if left untouched will erode away your clear coat and can eventually discolor the paint. will take you the better part of an afternoon, but the finish is silky smooth.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Ginstang
1st Gear Member

ok..so where can you buy this Zaino? Can it be bought at advanced auto or some store like that?

STL Atty, when you clay bar your car do you polish and seal as well? I am just not quite understanding how you go about using the clay bar but i do have the link that JJ Stang sent me and I did read it and print it out..I guess for me to see someone doing this would be helpful..I sure as heck do not want to mess up my Stang..

[IMG]local://upfiles/21987/273FBED68BF34276B2F88A6B43688387.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-10-2005, 06:10 PM
FLOORIT

ORIGINAL: JJ_Stang

I use the Zaino line of products, time consuming, yes, but amazing results. Makes the Tungsten Gey really shine.
What color is GEY??
Old 11-10-2005, 06:33 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Ginstang

I have spent to much time researching this myself for the best product on the net reading many different car forums to much time even ordered the Guru wax test report ($10.00) I have always been a Meguiars person (Deep crystal polish followed by layered wax then glaze #7 optional when I wanted) product before with all my cars including previous black cars and have been happy with the results. I decide to try some thing different this time around reason for the research.

My pick what I am going with and have it ordered is the P21S wax, and (2step process) their polish as the base/polish.

I had narrowed it down to the top 3 I believe the BEST is Zaino (system) from everything I read and almost went with it just to many steps for me and to time consuming because I would get crazy with this stuff going over board (5-10 layers) for the best shine. I decide I wanted something easier and still do an excellent job.

Next it was between Kasse 2 step and P21S more research and went with P21S, any 3 of theses you can't go wrong with but Zaino sound's like the best IMO from research only.

Go to the Zaino site you will learn about steps claybar basics etc.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...de=APPLICATION

http://www.properautocare.com/p21spastewax.html

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html

http://www.autogeek.net/p21s.html

Quick Reply: what kind of wax do you use on your stang