Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of wax do you use on your stang

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 06:34 PM
STL_Atty
1st Gear Member

Default RE: what kind of wax do you use on your stang

Go to www.zainostore.com and click on application. should answer all your questions.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:57 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

In case you want order the Guru wax test report 52 pages.

http://www.gurureports.org/specialre...waxtest.1.html
Old 11-10-2005, 07:11 PM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

A clearcoat will protect paint, but think of it this way. Clearcoat is not a "solid" shell. On a microscopic level, rail dust are razor sharp flakes of oxidized metal. They land on your clearcoat, and burrow into it, further oxidizing. When you apply wax, this prevents rail dust, contaminants, etc from getting onto the clearcoat and/or paint, protecting your finish.

Most people are just fine with Zaino or NXT, etc. I'm bonkers about keeping black perfect though. Border line obsessive I suppose.

You'd be fine claying, and then using a decent quality wax every 2 months depending on weather conditions. It depends on your preference.

I take a few extra steps, you don't have to.

To give you an idea, to get setup initially with pinnacle wax, detailing spray, pinnacle clay, pinnacle clay lube, pinnacle car wash, klasse all in one, klasse sealant, and the microfiber towels to boot will cost you over 200$ US. It just depends how far you want to take it.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

NuFinish
Old 11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

FLOORIT Date 11/10/2005 4:10:13 PM

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJ_Stang

I use the Zaino line of products, time consuming, yes, but amazing results. Makes the Tungsten Gey really shine.

What color is GEY??

If I only knew how to type!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

So far, I've used NuFinish (two coats since getting car in late May). McGuiar's quick detail spray between washes keeps it slick.

I read a rave review of the new Eagle Nano Wax. One guy said it was as good as Zaino (and he was referring to years of Zaino use), but was a single, easy application. So, I bought some at Advanced Auto (like $13, included a free microfiber towel). I hope to apply it this weekend!

Old 11-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Good polish to get all those stupid dealer washed the car wrong swirl marks
followed by two coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze and Meguiars Pro wax on top of that
Finish is hard as a rock and shine is wonderful!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:22 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

I use clay magic clay bar. Then I also use Zaino and Meguiers Nxt wax. ALl three work great!
ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Im surprised not more Zaino replies. That stuff is awesome, Ill never use anything else.
In the past I was a NuFinish guy, until I got a bottle that smelled like gasoline. Plus older formula, NuFinish is old stuff.
Then I switched to Zymol and thought that was great, but then was pointed towards Zaino. Great stuff!

JJ, does do a good job on Tungsten dont it! Except it sometimes is hard to see when applying wax where you applied already, lol
Old 11-11-2005, 11:16 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Has anyone tried this stuff? http://www.5starshine.com/
Old 11-11-2005, 02:08 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Everyone has an opinion, so here's mine.

1.) Wash your car with CAR wash soap not dish soap.

2.) Clay Bar the car, IF necessary. If after drying the car the surface does NOT feel smooth as glass you need to Clay Bar the car. I use MeGuiars or Clay Magic brand of Clay. I have found that McGuiars clay can leave just a little bit of residue as you glide the clay across the surface, but no big deal as it simply rubs off with your Quik Detail spray that you use for a lubricant. The cost for the Clay and bottle of spray that it comes with should cost you no more than $10.00 It takes me no more than 20 minutes to Clay the entire car. You do not press hard or scrub with the Clay Bar. Just "glide" it across the surface and let the clay do the work.

3.) Polish the car (optional step).

4.) Wax the car.

Here is the most important item of my post. It does not matter what brand of clay bar, polish or wax you use. The ONLY product to use is the one that you WILL use. If you like a wax because it smells good then use it. If you like the blue colored clay bar over the cream colored clay bar use the blue bar. If your polish is green and you like it better than the pink colored brand, use it. If product XYZ is the best product on the market as rated by every single car magazine, consumer reports or radio station but you don't like the way it wipes off, don't use it again because it won't be FUN to do and next thing you know you won't be taking care of your car like you should.

okay that's it for me folks.

Quick Reply: what kind of wax do you use on your stang