Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
GOING FAST before looking good.
43.75%
LOOKING GOOD before going fast.
56.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Looking Good Versus Going Fast

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 07:04 PM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Looking Good Versus Going Fast

I'll be doing appearance upgrades first, purely for the reason of not having to take stuff off right after I put it on when I get it because of possibly warranty claims right out of the gate. Steeda springs, pandard bar and strut bar are going on first.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:55 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Looks before hooks. But, that does not mean it won't get the hook, lol! I am now done with the looks part. Next spring, when it comes out of hibernation, 4.10's and a CAI/tune. We'll see where it goes from there. Hopefully, by then, there will be a heads/cam package that offers 375/400 to the rear wheels. Then, my master plan will be complete!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

Hibernation? sheesh what a horrible horrible state of affairs to actually have a season where you CANT drive your mustang... id suggest moving!

hey werent you going to upgrade those wheels of yours?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:24 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

but the new 'stang already looks good and goes fast...

IF I actually had my car and could choose anything to be done one chunk at a time:

1) lose quarter glass/add 69 emblems in their place --
*looky here*

2) blackout lower trim line/rocker covers/black wing/rear slats(but havent seen 'the right set' yet)
3) deeper dished wheels/wider tires
4) 4.10/4.30 gears but ONLY with a gear vendors aux overdrive or similar to allow cross country trips with good mileage. maybe the 07 shelby 6 speed will have another overdrive? that would be ideal.

I really think 300hp ought to be plenty and plan on putting major miles on mine, so dont want to start breaking things...but as I said, dont have my car yet...gears are probably best 'seat of the pants' bang for the buck, but would like to keep it highway friendly. tunes/airflow enhancements will boost topend power, but ya really cant get it up there without attracting a lot of attention...horsepower/dyno numbers are real, but If I never or rarely go to a track to run it to the redline, not worth it for me. A big block even at 1/4 throttle is still fun to drive- every time you take off, you get shoved in the seat- shy of a 450-500 ft/lb motor, a set of gears and a little more shifting might be next best thing...

Old 11-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

i love the retro inspired styling of our new stangs... but i have to say some things are just left to the old cars... i love the mach 1 but i dont wanna look EXACTLY like it... i think theres something to be said for some new elements... and i finally realize what the ford designer was after. to

use parts but to still make it its own car... thats kind of why the tbird fails in my opinion... the retro styling is SO retro only people over 70 want to buy it... the stang keeps just about the right amount of things... except that hump in the body line over the back wheels.... i wish they tried it... i mean the new charger pulled it off..
Old 11-11-2005, 10:00 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Chrome don't get ya home.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:32 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stckman

i love the retro inspired styling of our new stangs... but i have to say some things are just left to the old cars... i love the mach 1 but i dont wanna look EXACTLY like it... i think theres something to be said for some new elements... and i finally realize what the ford designer was after. to

use parts but to still make it its own car... thats kind of why the tbird fails in my opinion... the retro styling is SO retro only people over 70 want to buy it... the stang keeps just about the right amount of things... except that hump in the body line over the back wheels.... i wish they tried it... i mean the new charger pulled it off..
yeah, I agree the arched quarters gave a more muscular look- at least the 05/06 still has a bit of the quarter sticking out past the roofline...I still am not a big fan of quarter glass- dont get me wrong, I love the new style- but I miss those huge fastback sail panels...but I'm a little biased...
Old 11-11-2005, 11:13 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Yep, lots of new stuff on actually. New pics will be loaded tonight/tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Rider
1st Gear Member

yeah thats one thing i noticed about stangs, how easy they make it to customize it to your look/style. with all the options, no true fanatic would ever want his to look the same as another.
True, today my Daughter calls me and asks "Dad, are you at the mall? I see your car way out in the lot like you park, it looks just like your car." Well I was at home, only for about 15 min, before I couldn't stand it and drove to the Mall to see if there was another GT like mine in town. I can see now I'm going to have to sit her down and show her how to tell the differance.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Rider
1st Gear Member

Stckman, I am right with you on the top body line "hump" over the rear wheels. That is such a classic muscle car look. I dig it on my 69 Cougar, as well as all the rods of that era

Quick Reply: Looking Good Versus Going Fast