Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pony poackaged mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:53 PM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

Default pony poackaged mustangs

hey everyone my name is Nasser and im new in this froum. im planning to buy a 2005 or 2006 V8 mustang soon and would apreciate your help

i have 4 questions for u. (1) what is the difference between the 2005 and 2006 model?
(2)what is the difference between normal mustang and a premium mustang?
(3) can i order a mustang with a pony package or it have to be ordered seperatly?
(4) is the pony package for V6 mustangs only?

thank u in advance
Old 11-11-2005, 02:29 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

Default RE: pony poackaged mustangs

(1) what is the difference between the 2005 and 2006 model?

there is none that i know of.

(2)what is the difference between normal mustang and a premium mustang?

there is the deluxe version and premium version. the deluxe version is the base model. the premium version includes leather seats, shaker 500 audio system (6cd, mp3, 8 speakers). i think that's it, but you can also get these (and a bunch of other options) with the deluxe version as well, so really there's no real difference between them.

(3) can i order a mustang with a pony package or it have to be ordered seperatly?

it will come with the pony package directly from the dealership.

(4) is the pony package for V6 mustangs only?

yes, the pony package includes, better suspension, spoiler, pony grill, emblems and decals. the GT already comes with the better wheels, optional spoiler, GT suspension. the grill, emblems and decals can be added seperatly.

hope this helps
Old 11-11-2005, 03:45 PM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

thanx crazyhorse. im disapointed that the V8 cant come with a pony package because it makes the car look classic.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:23 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Welcome to the forums. It looks like my canadian buddy crazy horse answered your questions.

I am moving this thread into the 2005/2006 mustang section so some people who actually have the car can help you out.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:46 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

nasser about the premium and normal...at the dealer these days i heard there is no more v6 they only sell the v8 because no one ever bought the v6... but about the pony package...i heard it is sold for v6 mustangs only but somewhere on the net i have seen the pony package mustang grills that you can order if you ordered them you can easily install them becaust there is no diffrence in between the v6 or v8 frame / grill mounts + if there was a diffrenece in grill mounts im sure that the ordered grill will come with the mounts.

the only diffrence i knew about the 05 and 06 is the color options the sonic blue is no longer in 06 and is replaced with a darker blue color.. and there is a new color called tungsten blue ( titanium silver ) .
Old 11-11-2005, 05:06 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

saud alzaabi: I mean no disrespect but I don't know where you are getting your information from. The V6 Mustang outsells the GT by a considerable margin. If you have a look at most dealers lots they typically have more V6 Mustangs than GTs. The V6 has enough power for most people and coupled with either the 5 speed auto or 5 speed manual it has better performance than other comparable cars with only 4 speed autos and front wheel drive which has horrible weight distrubution to boot. Dollar for dollar a V6 Mustang will outpeform most other cars and that's good enough for alot of people. The numbers from Ford indicate that almost 80% of 05 - 06 Mustangs are V6 models. Personally I thought the GT was the absolute best performance value out there and that's why I got one but for anyone who is shopping all I can say it go test drive one and see what you think. It's all up to the end user to make the decision.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:42 PM
roland
1st Gear Member

Saud....it's tungsten grey that replaced mineral grey for 06, and it's beautiful....we got my wife a pony pkg tungsten auto, and I have to beg for the keys...
Old 11-11-2005, 07:06 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 281GT

saud alzaabi: I mean no disrespect but I don't know where you are getting your information from. The V6 Mustang outsells the GT by a considerable margin. If you have a look at most dealers lots they typically have more V6 Mustangs than GTs. The V6 has enough power for most people and coupled with either the 5 speed auto or 5 speed manual it has better performance than other comparable cars with only 4 speed autos and front wheel drive which has horrible weight distrubution to boot. Dollar for dollar a V6 Mustang will outpeform most other cars and that's good enough for alot of people. The numbers from Ford indicate that almost 80% of 05 - 06 Mustangs are V6 models. Personally I thought the GT was the absolute best performance value out there and that's why I got one but for anyone who is shopping all I can say it go test drive one and see what you think. It's all up to the end user to make the decision.
OHHH>>>lol 281GT you got me wrong....lol im sorry that i forgot to say is that they won't sell the v6's anymore here in my country the UNITED ARAB EMIRATES all people here likes the best so they all take the gt and if you didnt know nasser ( uae_muscles lives exactly the same country where i live.... so i just wanted to explain more to him and make it clearer,i didnt mean the other countries in the middle east because i really don't know about them but only my place.

nasser im going to the dealer tomorrow to take my mustang from the service if you do want me to ask them about the pony package i will ask...hell what i have 1 period at the college tommorow and lets say half because i have a quiz so after that i will go to the dealer and ask them about the pony package...

thanks
Old 11-11-2005, 07:13 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Welcome, just curious, what the price of a gallon of gas over there, Hey get the GT if u like that pony package grill im sure somebody will be making them for your car.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:06 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

you could replace your front bumper to a v6 one, then put the pony package grill on it

( i assume you like the pony package because of the grill? all the other stuff already comes on the gt or is better on the gt already)

Quick Reply: pony poackaged mustangs