Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, guys. I'm DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Ebein
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Sorry, guys. I'm DONE!

If your willing to travel, Capital ford in Raleigh NC had a Vista Blue GT friday, along with another 5-6 GT's and a Windviel Blue Saleen S281.

Good Luck
Old 11-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

zx9rpilot...

You do what you will... but.... I had a BMW 325Ci Sport... After driving it for 3 years I came to the absolutel conclusion that I HAD to have something with more HP because the situation I drive in everyday requires a car that I can get the hell out of the way FAST!... (NOTHING likek looking in your rearview and seeing a tractor trailer or Lincoln Nav cllosing in on you at 60 MPH and your still only do 30mph and thinging. GO GOGOGO.. waiting or your car to go!)

I had an Audi A6 before.

Problem was.. when I started looking the Stang wasn't producing Covertibles yet. My options were either a BMW M3 or the Audi A4S... both in the 300HP range.. but unfortunately both in the $50,000 range as well after I put the stuff I wanted in it.

THEN - Ford announced the Stang Convertible... I could not resist... loaded with everything Ford had to offer PLUS a couple of dealer added mods I got it for 35k. A LOT less then the BMW or Audi would have cost me.

Am I happy with my choice... absolutely! Every day I drive this thing I smile. Every time I walk out and see it I smile!

Yes - I had to wait because I wanted the car made MY way... but it was well worth it! Good things come to those who wait!

By the way.. several people got their car from a dealership in another state, then either had it shipped to them, or took a few days vacation, flew to the car and then took a road trip taking it home.

You shoudl reconsider man!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:12 PM
zx9rpilot
2nd Gear Member

Dear Forum Junkies,

Thanks for all the input and positive hang-in-theres. I'll keep at it for a bit and see what happens. Updates to follow, I hope!

Phil
Old 11-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Pilot...

I searched autotrader.

IT found 31 dealers with blue Mustang GTs..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...ce=&model=MUST

A dealer 47 miles has one simular to your criteria.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=47

This dealer 27 miles from you.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=24

Old 11-14-2005, 11:58 PM
blackened
2nd Gear Member

i waited 6 months for my satin silver deluxe w/ only IUP and Shaker 500 to find out i wasn't getting it. ordered 1/21/05. found out from robot lady 7/5/05 that my unit had "balanced out" for the model year. (pissed, pissed, pissed) i go check out forddirect.com (for the 1000th time) and find a black stick at dealer B 50 miles away with everything but wheels, auto and 1000 - the exact 3 options i couldN'T live with. I drove it home later that afternoon. Sure it was more than i wanted originally and more than i wanted to spend. To make it even worse original dealer (A) called me 2 days later to tell me that he got me a priority 1 (that's right. 1) on an 06 tungsten and was going to get it at his cost plus $300. Did that bother me? A little but there hasn't been a moment where i've regretted getting this black beauty for what i paid rather than what i'd ordered for what i could have paid.

yeah the wait sucked but at no point did i decide to give up. why? because i wanted this car badly. sure there are many more tragic stories out there than mine but it didn't make my personal experience any better. been there, done that but it was soooo worth it.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:17 AM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

If it is really a Mustang that you want, you should certainly consider looking at dealers from other states. I was about to bag my search because the local dealers did not have what I wanted and were going to tack on a 4-6k premium above sticker for ordering the GT in the color and options I wanted. I found a dealer about 900 miles away with that exact car, no premiums to pay and was willing to sell for a little above dealer invoice (not sticker).
So I told my wife what I was going to do (she was 8 months pregnant at the time), took a few days off from the office and went on my quest. Now I have my car much earlier than if I had ordered it and money left over for mods, formula and diapers.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:47 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

I don't mind Performance White
Old 11-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Thump_rrr

BUY IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

I ordered a Performance White 05 GT Premium,Dark Charcoal Leather, Active Anti theft , and IUP.
All my friends all thought I was crazy to order white. The truth is you can see all the lines and details so much better on the white

Everywhere I go people can't believe how nice the white looks.

I'm planning to install the Steeda hood (center painted black) , rear wing, splitter, sidewinder graphics, and wheels in the spring.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:13 PM
SALEENOWNER

If the GT price is not a problem for you, why not upgrade to a Saleen?
I picked up mine for less than the S-4 (as this was one of the cars I was looking over), and honestly it is more fun. I just sold me 3.0 Q Audi A-4 to get my Saleen and I reqally enjoy driving it. Not as many bells and whistles but there is nothing like raw American Muscle under the hood. Also, I would say the handling on this car is more precise than the Audi but obviously the Quatro system had superior traction control.

Just thought I would give you my $.02 since I was in a very similar situation when I purchased my Saleen #40 2005. Here in Seattle the 05-06 Gt's were running about $35,000 after all of the second stickering, so the cost difference was minimized. Now it might have been a little different for sub $30 for a GT and over $40 for the Saleen. Also, my dealer had and still has about 8-10 cars on the lot, all colors and features.

Enjoy either way!..
Old 11-16-2005, 12:12 AM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 281GT

I'm picky also. I was a die hard GM fan for years. Last year I sold my pride and joy. A vehicle that I built from the ground up. I never thought there would be an acceptable replacement until I saw my first 05 Mustang. I had to have it. Now I do and I couldn't be happier. I love the car and the comunity of Mustang enthusiastas are great too. Sorry to see you gave up. Best of luck to you.
I am too, a hard core GM / mopar owner I never owned a ford until the 05 Mustang, When I first saw this car I fell in love
I had to have one, MG, GT IUP thats all I wanted, everything else I can install or replace. I love this car IMO This is the Best
Car Ford has ever Built Period.

Quick Reply: Sorry, guys. I'm DONE!