Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Price Quote on Cervini's Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 07:02 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

Default Help with Price Quote on Cervini's Kit

Hey everyone,

I got my Eleanor kit from Cervinis and the good people at Xtreme Mustang Performance in Aliso Viejo, CA seem like they know what they're doing so I got a quote from them to install the kit, paint it, and stripe it as well. They quoted me $3,700 to do all this for the kit and admitted it was pricey, but that was because they said these kits have "serious fit issues" that need to be worked out before the kit is prepped and installed. Does anyone have any thoughts at all on the price? It sees like they're quoting twice as much as a standard body kit install and paint. Without the striping, they said it would be $800 less.

I really appreciate any input at all!
Thanks!
Brchan
Old 11-18-2005, 09:42 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help with Price Quote on Cervini's Kit

That's a great question. I really like the Cervini's kit. Fitment is a big concern for me too. It would be nice to hear from someone that bought the kit and installed it themselves, anyone? How is the fitment, did it need adjusting? Usually on urethane kits, you just stick them on. I'm not even sure how you would work on a fitment issue with a urethane kit. I think the hood and the rear spoiler are the only fiberglass pieces, maybe those need work? -Joe
Old 11-19-2005, 03:44 AM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

I should have my side exhaust and rear spoiler after thanksgiving. I will place it on the side of the car and bolt it on to make sure it fits. I would guess it will go on easy. I would give them a call to see.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Legend Lime
1st Gear Member

When you complete the installation let us know how it went. Next June I am putting my 05 on my trailer hooking it to my motor coach and taking it to Cervinis and have the complete kit installed. I know that the $5,000.00 labor charge sounds high but they do it all color match the paint (and that is their first line of business automotive paint)fit&trim, holes drilled and paint those killer stripes. Are you getting the full kit with the wheels and tires $7495.if that's the kit then $3,700. to prep,fit, paint and install and paint the strips doesn't sound that bad. The best price I have found in GA just to paint the strips:is just under $1,500. if you are getting kit #9023MMF $7,495. and with $3,700. that's $11,195.and for Cervinis to do it all is only $12,900. you'll be saving $1,705. Good luck on your project and post some pics during and after.

Legend Lime
Old 11-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Krazed
1st Gear Member

I assume you have the full kit, but if not please correct me.

$3700 isn't too bad of a price. You could probably find cheaper, but you would be risking quality, which brings me to my first question.

Are you familiar with this body shop? Do you know anyone who's done business with them, or have you done business with them yourself? If they're a good body shop that'll take care of your car, then 3700 isn't a bad price.

There are some issues with any body kit, but especially the ones that use urethane pieces. They have to be prepped more than other parts would be before they can be installed. It's not a big issue, but it's extra work. Plus you have to mix the paint with flexing agent, the cost of that agent alone adding to the price, especially if you're painting the whole kit.

There's also a shading issue when you're painting a body kit. Not all Windveil Blue or Tungsten Grey Mustangs are the same EXACT color. There's variations in shades, even if it's hard to see. Whether or not the body shop you choose takes those variations into consideration when they paint your body kit pieces can mean a good deal, especially in regards to price.

If they're really pressing the 'fitting' issue then that might be cause for concern. I have the side exhaust, rear valence, and ducktail spoiler on my mustang. Though those parts aren't as extensive as, say, the hood, they went on with relatively few problems. If the body shop is playing up possible fit issues to squeeze some money out of you then you might want to look somewhere else. On the other hand if they just mention the possibility, I wouldn't be too concerned.

The body shop I went to said they might have problems with fitting as well. Of course I know them, and I was confident in their abilities. At the end of the painting and installation they actually refunded me $300 off their price because they didn't run into the issues they thought they would. Of course I do a lot of business with them, so you may not get that kind of consideration from a place you only go to once.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:11 PM
NullmaAutosports

I install these kits every day and they fit very good either kit Cervinis or LNR I have never had any trouble with either kit www.nullmaautosports.com check it out
Old 12-01-2005, 03:00 AM
brchan
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the responses.

Krazed, Legend Lime, in an answer to your questions, all my communications were through email with this company. Yes, I purchased the entire kit from them (excluding their wheels).
Here is their website: http://www.x-m-p.com/
It seems that they specialize in Mustang tuning and stuff like that. I haven't decided on whether to go with them or not, so I didn't grill them on a bunch of questions regarding the pricing, fitment, etc. I'll be sure and ask. If anyone knows of a body shop that is familiar with Mustangs in general and the installation of body kits specifically, in the southern California area, I'd love to know so I can compare rates.
When I do get enuf money to get it installed, I will be sure to post pics and also let you guys know the good, the bad, and the ugly about the kit.

Brchan
Old 12-01-2005, 04:33 AM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

damn. 3,700 here 5,000 there.. some people are just rich. i have to save for 6 months to get my cervini's spoiler