Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help guys

Old 11-19-2005, 03:06 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default Need some help guys

eIm have a little problem with my car and the field engineers cant seem to figure it out. When driving all of a sudden my traction control shuts off, the car beeps and says low brake fluid, check traction control. Well the brake fluid is fine. I brought it into ford and they said it was an ABS module. So they changed it. Seemed to work. 2 weeks later it did it again. i brought it in again and they replaced that module 4 times and the computer was saying there is still something wrong with it. The field engineer was absolutly no help to the ford techs so they took it upon themselves to try and find it. They said it was some switch that wasnt working and it was screwing up the computer in the car. they changed that and about 2 hours after i picked it up it did it again. They have no idea what is wrong with the car and i was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem like this. I was also wondering if anyone has ever had a problem with there door alignment, such as the door sticking when opening it or if the lines on the car dont match up with the door. Some a$$hole at ford told me since its a convert, my door will never line up. i want to hit him. paying almost 40K and and its perfectly fine that my door doesnt line up. i just dont get it. I hope you all can help, with anything

Thanks - Mike
Old 11-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need some help guys

Not sure on the traction control deal, but interested to hear what it ends up being.
I do have a complaint on the passenger door needs to be shut alot harder than normal to close all the way. And the L/F fender i think needs to be tightened or w/e. Its not flush with the door, it sticks out some, and theres more of a gap on the hood on that side too.

had 6 weeks and 1600 miles. No time to take in yet.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:06 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

My problem is on the passenger side door too and i also have different size gaps in the hood. hope i get an answer soon, i think the car goes back in on Tuesday.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:39 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

I just had mine in for a "smart moduale" that was defective. They found it when my trunk light wasn't working. After getting the new "smart moduale" in I found my passenger seatbelt warning was acting different. Come to find out its now actually working correctly according to the manual. Then I found out I no longer had headlights flashing when locking and setting the alarm...manual says only the turning lights flash NOT the headlights so that was corrected too. And I just found out tonight I've got Daytime Running Lights...noticed it when I stopped the car and tried to turn off the headlights...before putting the parking brake on. The parking brake turns them off when engaged. This didn't even exist before (the daytime running lights) Funny thing is I haven't seen any other 05/06s with daytime running lights on...makes me wonder if I got a smarter "smart moduale"???? or just was supposed to be on a premium packaged Mustang?
They said you'd be surprised how many circuits are tied into that thing (smart moduale). (5,000 miles on my 05 convert)