Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Weekend......

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:07 PM
hspg

Default First Weekend......

Well the wait is over, I got my car on Friday and its everything I expected it to be and more. I've put around 350 miles on it so far and it's getting between 22 and 23 mpg. Scratch everything I was complaining about in my earlier posts cause there ain't nothin that I don't like about the car......whew thats a triple negative there......lol

Interesting question that my dad and uncle brought up though and I'm pondering it now too. Since the windows roll down to actually open the door, what if the battery runs down? Does the computer sense that the battery is low and lowers the windows or are you just SOL until you get the battery charged again?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:15 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: First Weekend......

You are still able to open the doors if the battery is dead and the wondows dont go down, the only reason the windows go down when you go to open it, is one it puts less stress on the window and two it gives it a tighter fit to insure its weather tight.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:51 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Default RE: First Weekend......

Glad you like your new car! What all did you get with your stang?
ORIGINAL: ECR5.0

You are still able to open the doors if the battery is dead and the wondows dont go down, the only reason the windows go down when you go to open it, is one it puts less stress on the window and two it gives it a tighter fit to insure its weather tight.
this helps a lot.