Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK....Thats it...It's Enough....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 05:26 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OK....Thats it...It's Enough....

yeah guys I really know what ur trying to tell me..but my brother always says that we little kids....(mustang's,gto's,american muscles ) are no match for them..(tiny body froggy eyes **** ) <-- porsches ...

but there must be some way to prove to him that our cars do have power... i mean somewhere online i read that the auto mustang hit's 5.something and the manual hit's 4.9 but im not sure if it's from 0~120 mph or something like that.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

Tell him to give you the amount of money that covers the differance. For the used one it would around &30,000. Tell him you will modify the car to get up to the same cost as his and then see if he thinks the same way. I am sure with 30K you could get the 2005 Mustang GT up to some unbelievable housepower and slolum performance. If he spends 30K on his Porsche he might get a nice seat cover or two.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:43 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Who cares about a porshe your car is cheaper and easier to mod... and i agree tell him to give you the difference from his car and your mustang will run circles around that porshe.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:54 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Yeah porches cost more but you get what you pay for. What the mustang lacks in the luxury department the porchse has. My stepmom has a boxster here in the garage... i already took her for a ride in the mustang and at half throttle she was already saying it is faster. I'll see if i can drive it tonight

you can talk abuot how much you saved on a mustang but it still isn't a porsche ( i think i finally spelled it right)
Old 11-22-2005, 06:01 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andyman

Yeah porches cost more but you get what you pay for. What the mustang lacks in the luxury department the porchse has. My stepmom has a boxster here in the garage... i already took her for a ride in the mustang and at half throttle she was already saying it is faster. I'll see if i can drive it tonight

you can talk abuot how much you saved on a mustang but it still isn't a porsche ( i think i finally spelled it right)
Even though the porsche is more luxury it is a totally different world from the mustang, a mustang is supposed to be more of an american muscle car while the porsche is thought of as alittle roadster
Old 11-22-2005, 06:18 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

"Mouth-talking???!!!" Ok, that's it, nobody, and I mean NOBODY accuses me of talking from my mouth. It's ON!

Seriously though, when it comes to performance, you have to respect a Porsche. They are amazing cars. Once you drive a Porsche then you become very hard to impress, I understand this. Our mustangs can't hang with them, sad to say. But then again, the Mustang is under $30k, and you'd be hard-pressed to find anything at the same price that's going to beat it.

All that being said, there are ways to beat the Porsche. A supercharger under your hood will give that Porsche a good run for it's money at the least. If you've got the money to do it, then a custom twin-turbo set-up in your GT will leave that Porsche in a cloud of expensive Italian smoke.

If all else fails, tell him you don't need a Porsche because you're remarkably well hung.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

I personally don't like the Porsche, performance it's great. I don't like the look and the crowd that generally drives them; not my type of people and wouldn't want to be associated with them.

That doesn't apply to them all just most that talk to much. I just personally think that the look is, just, so what. Yeah it looks like a porsche.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:41 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

I mean somewhere online i read that the auto mustang hit's 5.something and the manual hit's 4.9 but im not sure if it's from 0~120 mph or something like that.

That is 0 to 60 mph. times.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:56 PM
mustdroptop
2nd Gear Member

your brother is so jelous of your new mustang that he could ****. little brother has a bad *** car . cut him some slack he's ashamed that he put out that much $$$ and everyone wants to ride in yours
Old 11-22-2005, 07:57 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

Slap your brother in the face to get his attention. Then point out that the 2006 Z06 or the Ford GT are 2 of the best cars on the planet... both American. If he still mouths off, set his car on fire.

Seriously, trying to compare a stock Mustang, Camaro, or GTO to a Douche, I mean a Porsche... he loses all credibility.

Quick Reply: OK....Thats it...It's Enough....