Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JMS BS

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 08:41 PM
millergt
1st Gear Member

Default JMS BS

Bought a XCT 2 and intake from JMS. Word to the wise they take about three weeks to get this stuff to you when most seem to take a day or two. I got the run around for about two weeks before they actually got around to sending it.

Anyone feel quilty after doing a few donuts on the pavement? I'm hoping I'm not hurting anything other than the tires.

2006 GT Convertable
Screaming Yellow
Ford Hood Pins
Painted Red Calipers
XCT 2 and S&B Airfilter
Shaker 500 w/2 10 inch kickers in the truck. Talk about little trunk room.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 PM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: JMS BS

Personally, I prefer leaving stripes rather than circles
Old 11-26-2005, 01:31 AM
speed dreams

[quote]ORIGINAL: millergt

Bought a XCT 2 and intake from JMS. Word to the wise they take about three weeks to get this stuff to you when most seem to take a day or two. I got the run around for about two weeks before they actually got around to sending it.

Live and learn, most of us have same pricing and ship the next day.

Anyone feel quilty after doing a few donuts on the pavement? I'm hoping I'm not hurting anything other than the tires.

Nope, no guilt here. I'm not big on donuts but have alot of fun getting sideways under boost in 1st/2nd gears.........[sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-26-2005, 03:24 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

I also bought a XCT 2 from them with a Steeda CAI from lmperformance. It took longer to get the parts from JMS than any other vendor. I finally got to install the parts and I was not too happy. The tunes kept making the car go into the failsafe mode. The guy I talked to at jms said he did not know anything about tuning & for me to contact SCT to get the xtr download. At the time their website downloads was not working. I talked to a guy a SCT and they told me to talk to jms about their tune. I got tired of the bs runaround and ordered a C&L CAI & SCT 2 from brenspeed. It went in with no problems and the 93 tune rocks[sm=gears.gif] I will do all my shopping from brenspeed from now on. I still have to install the offroad x-pipe as soon as I get the time.
ORIGINAL: millergt

2006 GT Convertable
Screaming Yellow
Ford Hood Pins
Painted Red Calipers
XCT 2 and S&B Airfilter
Shaker 500 w/2 10 inch kickers in the truck. Talk about little trunk room.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info millergt. Posts like yours are really helpful.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:31 PM
millergt
1st Gear Member

Do you think I could send my XCT 2 to Brenspeed and have them reprogram it or would I have to buy a new one. Don't want to waste 400 bucks. I can notive a difference with the JMS tune but there customer service suchs and if I can get a little more from brenspeed I would have to do it.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Well, my JMS experience was "less than stellar" also.

I got my intake and Xcal2 in hand about a week after ordering---that was the "easy" part....it took a few weeks before I finally got good tunes. SCT came through for me and gave me tunes that worked with the JMS intake. JMS finally got me tunes that worked right, but it was pretty anti-climactic.

I worked both on and off list with three other V6 owners, each of which had similar bad experiences. It was not an isolated event.

Now that I have things working, it works fine. I'm not impressed with the tune (performance wise), but it's a good bit better than stock. Throttle lag is gone, but all SCT tunes pretty much have that tweaked.

One drawback is that nobody seems to have the tables for the JMS intake filter, so it makes it tough to get a mail order tune from anybody else except JMS or SCT.

Eventually I'll spring for a local dyno tune.