Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally took some pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 06:13 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally took some pics

Nice car
Old 11-28-2005, 07:20 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cyberjock4hire

Can you give more detail about the brake calipers. I have the same color mustang and think that would make a great addition.
I know you can get a can of brake caliper paint at wal mart for like 8 bux, resists temps of 900 F i think...

(my sister made me go buy her a can for her car) When i get my decals i'm gonna paint mine too...

decals- http://www.xenonmods.com/ ( on the right go to "Brake Caliper Decals" then scroll down to the mustang section... gives you a whole bunch of **** for like 8 bux i think... if you want to see what it looks like:

https://mustangforums.com/photo.asp?...Type=6&apage=1

good luck
Old 11-28-2005, 07:35 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

sexah!!!!!

I really dig the seat covers, the painted calipers and the cursive "mustang" above the GT.

The rear letters look really authentic and remind me of the classics alot but it's not really my taste.

Regardless of my personal opinon, it all works well and it all looks good. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 11-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Kiss Fan
1st Gear Member

Lester - Sorry, I forgot to mention the lettering is the same as the dash lettering, the link you have is correct. I would have never thought of using the dash lettering, but I thought it looked OK and Prof. Wizard was the one who first came up with the idea. I agree with Axeman and Mike that they might not be to everyone's taste (I appreciate the polite tone of the criticisms), but for $12 I took a gamble and I personally like them, though I'll admit when I ordered them I wasn't too sure. The way I spaced them was I started with the "T" in the middle and the "M" and "G" in the middle of the innermost tail lights on each side, then split each 1/2 into thirds and placed the "U" at 1/3 and the "S" at 2/3. Same for the other side. One word of caution...don't use a level, there is a slight arc to the trunk and a level throws everything off. I was careful enough without being overly meticulous and I think they came out fine.

With regard to the seats, I'm not sure what you mean by exact covers, but they are not covers, the seating surfaces and door panel inserts were replaced. I went to a car show at Nassau Coliseum and saw a yellow '05 Rousch with this interior. The shop that did the work is Long Island Custom Coachworks in Farmingdale, NY (www.licustomcoachworks.com). They did it in a day and the workmanship is phenomenal. It was definitely pricey but I think well worth it. I don't know if the photos show it, but the stitching is yellow and they embroidered the GT logo in yellow in the headrests. By the way, a good alternative for the headrests are the headrest wraps at www.granddesignmat.com at $67 for a pair.

Cyberjock - I purchased a brake caliper paint kit from www.tirerack.com. It's called the G2 system and comes in various colors. I think the kit is $38. I originally thought about powder coating the calipers, but the cost was very high (around $400). I asked a Mustang shop in my area if either they would paint them or if they knew anyone who would. Odiaz (a poster here) actually did it himself, but I do not have lifts to raise the car. If you are handy it's not a very difficult process. Anyway, the Mustang shop didn't do the actual work, but they had a customer who had done them before and he did it for me at the Mustang shop for $150. You have to let the calipers dry for 24 hours before putting the tires back on. The decals are found at www.xenonmods.com. Ask around your local mechanics...you should be able to find someone who can do it for you.

Just a final thought to throw out there, I'm totally on the fence about stripes. I think based on what I've done that stripes would put everything over the top. I'd be curious to know anyone's thoughts. Again, thanks for the kind words and I'll try to keep responding to any inquiries.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Kiss Fan
1st Gear Member

Forgot to mention...the next (and probably last) mod I'm going for are the sequential tail lights. Again, I know mixed opinions on these, but I'm up for 'em.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:25 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Thanks, you answered all of my questions. I appriciate it.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Kiss Fan...

Man... THAT car is just AWESOME!

I love how you put careful thought into each mod and how it blends with the rest of the car!

I too put the Mustang letters on the back of my lady.... Yea' it is retro - but that is what I was looking for.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14231/2961680D1B48415782F6D4A814434FF0.jpg[/IMG]

I saw a black 05 on the highway the other day and he put simular letters on the lower section of the bumper just below the license plate.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Kiss Fan
1st Gear Member

Professor - You might not recall, but I "borrowed" the lettering idea from you when you posted your show pics on the board. You gave me some good advice on how to put them on. Thanks again!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:50 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

KissFan-
love the car man...excellent choices. you mentioned considering stripes- just throwin out some other options to consider with the yellow/black theme-

1) maybe a semigloss black taillamp filler panel

2) a semigloss black shaker- I cant help it, those are just too cool...

3) maybe a Mach1 style semigloss hood- mostly blacked out, with the 1/8 inch or whatever black outline stripe around it...with or without above mentioned shaker

beautiful as-is but for some reason with the contrast from the semigloss leather interior or roof on that bright yellow, a semigloss hood and tail just calls out to me for some reason.

of course-

option 4) leave as is- its gorgeous already
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Kiss Fan
1st Gear Member

Ford4v429 -

Funny you mention the hood. I have an '04 V6 orange vert with the pony package which of course includes the GT hood scoop. I was surprised (and mildly disappointed) that the 05 GT had nothing special about the hood, so I was thinking about a new hood, but I've only seen one on the boards here that I liked (California something or another, can't remember the name but I couldn't find it for sale anywhere). I was thinking about the blackout rear piece, but again I've heard mixed reviews about the ease of application. Someone (Yankee Fan or Mr. Yankee) was selling a magnetic one in black and carbon fiber, but he seems to have disappeared. And forgive my ignorance but I'm not sure what a semigloss black shaker is...please enlighten me, it's been a week already and I haven't done anything to the car, so I need some ideas!!

Thanks for the kind words...enjoy the ride!!

Kiss Fan

Quick Reply: Finally took some pics