Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Vibration on 06' GT automatic

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 10:05 AM
RobD

Default RE: Tranny Vibration on 06' GT automatic

Good news! Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:14 PM
BlackGTCoupe
1st Gear Member

Robb, Please let me know what progress you make with your car, i took mine in this morning after finding out this last little bit of info, and I will do the same by informing you what i find out. Hope we both get this worked out soon. TTYS

-Christian
Old 12-04-2005, 02:50 AM
BlackGTCoupe
1st Gear Member

Anyone else with any other comments, suggestions or solutions? Any and all occurences if this common issue would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-04-2005, 07:36 PM
RobD

Christian, I will let you know as soon as I get the car back from the dealer...it's going in this week. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2005, 11:19 PM
BlackGTCoupe
1st Gear Member

FINALLY! Problem solved. Apparently the crossmember they had replaced still needed some adjusting as well as a few other calibrations, and the vibration is gone. Sounds like just a quality control issue at the factory level that needs to be emphasized more. Ill keep you posted if it comes back, but fingers are crossed for now.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 AM
RobD

That's great news, Christian. So, it wasn't the drive shaft in your case, but the cross-member? Unfortunately, I had to reschedule my visit to the dealer for next week. Will report back then. You have a PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
dpunk

Mine is not an automatic, but I have the vibration. Only when decelerating in 5th from above 45mph. I measured the u-joint angles at the transmission and have 2º. Some posts reccomend about 1/2º and I am going to try this later this week. The dealer has been no help and initially argued with me saying that I didn't have a 2 piece drive shaft.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Take it to the dealer NOW.

My 6 had a bad vibration from the tranny, and it turned out I had from what ford said, a heat sheild somehow almost rammed into it, along with some other things, and some parts missing. I almost got a new car out of the deal lol.

EDIT: Glad to see you got your ride fixed.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:34 AM
jwhite

The drive shaft is the problem. My 2005 GT 5 speed, same thing. Good luck!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:42 AM
modified7

It sounds like some of you are facing similar situtations, and different adjustments are fixing them. Just a thought here......
I work in Flat Rock and build the car. I also do reprocessing and repair work. A situation occured awhile back concerning the way the exhaust was secured.......meaning the sequence in which the fasteners for the exhaust system were shot would manipulate how the exhaust would hang in those rubber hangers.
I know this sounds odd but it's worth a shot.......if you feel a vibration around two to three thousand I can't remember for sure, take a look at the square rubber exhaust hangers in middle of the car just ahead of where the exhaust connects in the middle. If your round metal arm is centered in the middle of the square metal hanger then it is correct. However, if it is pulled down or more typically up when shot in the wrong sequence.......then you might try having the exhaust loosened front to rear and then re-shoot them front to rear. It might sound confusing but I've seen it take away a vibration on quite a few of them.
I hope the explanation makes sense to you if you look up under your car and then read my description again. It's easier to visualize than to describe.
Doing this on a hoist takes only a few minutes. The reason you might consider this the culprit also is because most repairs mentioned above is easier done by taking down the front exhaust section, and in doing so possibly was corrected when retorquing the exhaust versus the actual part being the culprit. Also, the situation with the carrier bearing would certainly cause a vibration. If you take your carrier down yourself be sure and not lose the two spacers that go above it between bearing bracket and chassis. Anyways, hope this helps........it is worth considering.

Quick Reply: Tranny Vibration on 06' GT automatic